A selection of articles related to stono rebellion.
Original articles from our library related to the Stono Rebellion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Stono Rebellion.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Venus - The Sweet Goddess of Love
- A soft, tender world in which we intimately relate to the persons and objects we love, a world where rejection is replaced by an over-flowing river of attention and attraction, a world full of beauty and harmony. The confirmation that you are okayâ€¦the...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- The Spirit of Jezebel
- Jezebel was a princess of Sidonia and a priestess of the pagan god Baal. In 116 she married the Israelite King Ahab. Jezebel had Ahab under her control.
Parapsychology >> Spirits
- Children of the Gods
- Muslim stood with Jew, Pagan with Christian, Hindu with atheist, all protesting injustice, all making a stand as one people against hate. Downtown Denver was alive with a multi-hued tapestry of people, joined together in tragedy, and hope. A Denver police...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- British. A warrior Goddess of the Iceni tribe, who accepted sacrifices of hares and, perhaps, humans. She is perhaps best known as the deity invoked by the Iceni warrior-queen Boudicca in her rebellion against Rome. See also, Andarta immediately above, for a...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Stono Rebellion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Stono Rebellion books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Two Views of the Stono Rebellion, South Carolina, 1739
- Stono Slave Rebellion. South Carolina, 1739. *.
- Rebellions and Uprisings
- Stono Uprising. The Stono Rebellion. (1739) was one of the earliest known acts of rebellion against slavery in America.
- AP® United States History 2003 Scoring Guidelines Form B
- Rebellion (1676), Pueblo Revolt (1680), Salem Witchcraft trials (1692), Stono Rebellion (1739). The 8-9 Essay.
- Chapter 6: Wealth and Slavery in Carolina
- Stono's Rebellion, which took place near Charleston in 1739, was the largest slave uprising in the. American colonies prior to the Civil War.
- Special Presentation: Slave Catchers, Slave Resisters
- Slave Catchers, Slave Resisters captures the drama of the Stono Rebellion of 1739.
Suggested News Resources
- Museum Mile Weekend: Visit 13 of Charleston's best historic sites for $25
- Revolutionary drum and fife presentations and musket cartridge rolling for kids Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Lecture - The Stono Rebellion with historian Michael Coker on Sunday at 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm (recommended for adults).
Suggested Web Resources
- Africans in America/Part 1/The Stono Rebellion
- What exactly triggered the Stono Rebellion is not clear.
- The Stono Rebellion
- The Stono Rebellion was the largest slave revolt in colonial America.
- Stono's Rebellion
- Stono's Rebellion September 9, 1739.
- Stono Rebellion
- The Stono Rebellion occurred near the Stono River, about 20 miles from Charleston, South Carolina, and was the largest slave revolt in colonial America.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Stono Rebellion Topics
Related searchesalexander alekhine early life
list of supermarkets colombia
gut flora preventing allergy
caesura old english