A selection of articles related to stono rebellion.
Original articles from our library related to the Stono Rebellion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Stono Rebellion.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Children of the Gods
- Muslim stood with Jew, Pagan with Christian, Hindu with atheist, all protesting injustice, all making a stand as one people against hate. Downtown Denver was alive with a multi-hued tapestry of people, joined together in tragedy, and hope. A Denver police...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- British. A warrior Goddess of the Iceni tribe, who accepted sacrifices of hares and, perhaps, humans. She is perhaps best known as the deity invoked by the Iceni warrior-queen Boudicca in her rebellion against Rome. See also, Andarta immediately above, for a...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Tarot Numerology: Sevens
- The tarot can be understood better if the underlying numerology is understood. Cards of the same number in different suits and in the Major Arcana have similar meanings derived from the following qualities... Corresponding - Major Arcana - The Chariot Major...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 31
- Chapter 31 31:1 And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel. 31:2 And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan. 31:3 The...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Stono Rebellion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Stono Rebellion books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Stono River Slave Rebellion Was Nearly Erased From SC's History Books
- At any rate, it is Jemmy who is named in the colony's official report as the Angolan “captain” of what became known as the Stono Rebellion, the bloodiest slave revolt in colonial North America.
- Museum to present program on slave rebellion
- The Stono Rebellion on Sept. 9, 1739, was the largest slave uprising in North America. About 60 people were killed in this confrontation about 20 miles from Charleston.
- Studying Rebellion
- Calling Out Liberty: The Stono Slave Rebellion and the Universal Struggle for Human Rights, by Jack Shuler, $45, (List Price: $50), University of Mississippi Press, September 2011, ISBN: 9781604732733, pp. 224. This is a study of one of the earliest ...
- Ralph Bunche: A Diplomat Who Would Not Negotiate on Race
- Hidden History: Perhaps the toughest choice the career diplomat ever had to make pitted his career against his pride as an African-American man. By: Steven J. Niven.
- 1741: Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Climate
- (In 1739, South Carolina had been the setting for a widespread and quite genuine slave rising, the Stono Rebellion).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Stono Rebellion Topics
Related searchesobstetrics labour
star trek voyager relaunch
maximilien robespierre early politics