A selection of articles related to stono rebellion.
Original articles from our library related to the Stono Rebellion. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Stono Rebellion.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- British. A warrior Goddess of the Iceni tribe, who accepted sacrifices of hares and, perhaps, humans. She is perhaps best known as the deity invoked by the Iceni warrior-queen Boudicca in her rebellion against Rome. See also, Andarta immediately above, for a...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Tarot Numerology: Sevens
- The tarot can be understood better if the underlying numerology is understood. Cards of the same number in different suits and in the Major Arcana have similar meanings derived from the following qualities... Corresponding - Major Arcana - The Chariot Major...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 31
- Chapter 31 31:1 And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel. 31:2 And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan. 31:3 The...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Chaos Magick
- ...all Nature was all Chaos, The rounded body of all things in one, The living elements at war with lifelessness... The Metamorphosis, Ovid Chaos magick is the fruit of Austin Osman Spare and Peter Carroll's rebellion against the traditional magickal systems...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- On the heaviness of weight
- Mother goddesses of ancient cultures often are voluptuous figures with pronounced breasts and thighs. A successful nowadays paintress fills her canvasses with sensuous, joyful and overweight ladies, and everyone I’ve showed her pictures becomes happy and...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Stono Rebellion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Stono Rebellion books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Two Views of the Stono Rebellion, South Carolina, 1739
- Stono Slave Rebellion. South Carolina, 1739. *.
- Rebellions and Uprisings
- Stono Uprising. The Stono Rebellion. (1739) was one of the earliest known acts of rebellion against slavery in America.
- AP® United States History 2003 Scoring Guidelines Form B
- Rebellion (1676), Pueblo Revolt (1680), Salem Witchcraft trials (1692), Stono Rebellion (1739). The 8-9 Essay.
- Chapter 6: Wealth and Slavery in Carolina
- Stono's Rebellion, which took place near Charleston in 1739, was the largest slave uprising in the. American colonies prior to the Civil War.
- Special Presentation: Slave Catchers, Slave Resisters
- Slave Catchers, Slave Resisters captures the drama of the Stono Rebellion of 1739.
Suggested News Resources
- Museum Mile Weekend: Visit 13 of Charleston's best historic sites for $25
- Revolutionary drum and fife presentations and musket cartridge rolling for kids Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Lecture - The Stono Rebellion with historian Michael Coker on Sunday at 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm (recommended for adults).
Suggested Web Resources
- Africans in America/Part 1/The Stono Rebellion
- What exactly triggered the Stono Rebellion is not clear.
- The Stono Rebellion
- The Stono Rebellion was the largest slave revolt in colonial America.
- Stono's Rebellion
- Stono's Rebellion September 9, 1739.
- Stono Rebellion
- The Stono Rebellion occurred near the Stono River, about 20 miles from Charleston, South Carolina, and was the largest slave revolt in colonial America.
Stono Rebellion Topics
Related searcheskorykian or corycian cave
the fast show caroline aherne
ali jawdat al-aiyubi
history of neuroimaging
dreams meaning of dream about box