A selection of articles related to storm dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Storm Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Storm Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- My Experiences with the PK Man
- My experience with Ted Owens started in 1979, when Owens contacted me at the Enquirer . He portrayed himself as "PK Man" and said he could predict events and control the world's weather. Owens claims were met with skepticism by both myself and my...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Storm Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Storm Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Deliriously Nice - 60s Today & Saturday - Winter Relapse Next Week?
- Mild-ish 'Til Tuesday, Then Chilling Off. Models are in fairly good agreement that we'll see 50s and 60s for the next 4 days, before cold exhaust on the backside of a potentially significant midweek storm pumps colder air back into town.
- Donald Trump vows to end H1-B visa program in Washington Times/CNN GOP debate
- That approaching mortal storm is a general upheaval that will have a silver lining. The surviving liberal elite will discover what the splintered posts in front of the brick walls are for. The rank and file liberal Democrats?
- Carnal Conversations in Antony and Cleopatra
- Speaking of vaginas, Enobarbus continues with some more “cunning” banter, describing the storm-like wetness a godlike Cleopatra can rain down (1.2.132-37).
- Sunday Times clue writing contest
- The outside letters indication is unusual, but hems are certainly at the edges of clothing, and Chambers dictionary includes the extension of this meaning to an unspecified edge or border, so the extended meaning isn't just in Steve Randall's imagination.
- Horse Racing: Closer look at the 2016 Santa Anita Handicap and much more
- We have a blockbuster weekend of horse racing this weekend with our focus primarily being at Santa Anita Park in California. “The Great Race Place” will be hosting four major contests highlighted by the 2016, $1 million Santa Anita Handicap, ...