A selection of articles related to storms.
Original articles from our library related to the Storms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Storms.
- I can't believe I'm now starting on the Second Aett of the Elder Futhark. Time is indeed flying by! Looks like this is a highly auspicious, or at least a very fitting time for me to write this article! While Hagalaz literally means "hail" as in ice...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Lobelia: Correspondences
- Lobelia inflata POISON Folk Names: Asthma Weed, Bladderpod, Gagroot, Indian Tobacco, Pukeweed Gender: Feminine Planet: Saturn Element: Water Deity: Power: Love, Halting Storms...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
Storms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Storms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Winter Storm Safety Checklist - American Red Cross
- Know the Difference. Winter Storm Outlook. Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2 to 5 days.
- Trees and Ice Storms
- Describes how ice storms form, the damage they can do, and list of trees which can resist ice.
- Winter Storm
- A major winter storm can last for several days and be accompanied by high winds, freezing Winter storms can make driving and walking extremely hazardous.
Suggested News Resources
- City Dwellers Get the Best Of Commute
- The quick return to service is markedly different than the aftermath of other storms. Subways were crippled for days after last December's blizzard, when many trains got stuck in the snow and in yards.
- FEMA Director on Irene
- Unfortunately, Irene was a deadly storm. Reports are still coming in -- I think open source -- we've seen in the media about 21. We also know that there are several people still missing.
- US Airlines restart after Irene,face financial hit
- "With winter storms, you can get tremendous amounts of snow and ice on the ground" that requires days to recover from, Baker said.
- Remembering Hurricane Katrina
- I'm proud that we've improved our emergency communication, evacuation procedures, and levee construction but there is still work to be done in securing our city from the threat of storms.
Suggested Web Resources
- Track Hurricane Katia, Track Tropical Storm Maria, Track Tropical
- Features an interactive map showing cloud cover and up-to-the-minute weather information from satellites, buoys, and radar, plus 150 years of hurricane history.
- Storm watch, Tornadoes, Thunderstorms, Weather News - weather
- Aug 1, 2011 Get the latest weather news and storm watch information on tornadoes, thunderstorms, and other weather news.
Related searchesextinct dog breeds
list of anime p
elaine of astolat
vickers machine gun history