A selection of articles related to storms.
Original articles from our library related to the Storms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Storms.
- I can't believe I'm now starting on the Second Aett of the Elder Futhark. Time is indeed flying by! Looks like this is a highly auspicious, or at least a very fitting time for me to write this article! While Hagalaz literally means "hail" as in ice...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Everyday Water
- When you think of "Water" what comes to mind? A tranquil lake, gentle rain, or raging sea? Whether magical element or just a simple cup of tea, water can be a very special part of your life. Water Spirits Every body of water is an entity. Each lake,...
The Elements >> Water
- Hecate: Patroness Of Witchcraft and Witches
- Myth of Hecate Hecate is known as the dark Goddess of the moon. She witnessed the abduction of Persephone, daughter of Demeter. She was able to act as a mediator when Demeter bargained with Zeus to rescue her daughter. Hecate herself, presided over Persephone'...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- (Sumerian) The chief weather deity, Lord of storms and tempests; He-Who-Wields-The-Lightning. He also has a benificent aspect as the bringer of cleansing and fructifying rain. He was patron of flowing water generally, and that could imply either living...
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Storms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Storms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Winter Storm Safety Checklist - American Red Cross
- Know the Difference. Winter Storm Outlook. Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2 to 5 days.
- Trees and Ice Storms
- Describes how ice storms form, the damage they can do, and list of trees which can resist ice.
- Winter Storm
- A major winter storm can last for several days and be accompanied by high winds, freezing Winter storms can make driving and walking extremely hazardous.
Suggested News Resources
- City Dwellers Get the Best Of Commute
- The quick return to service is markedly different than the aftermath of other storms. Subways were crippled for days after last December's blizzard, when many trains got stuck in the snow and in yards.
- FEMA Director on Irene
- Unfortunately, Irene was a deadly storm. Reports are still coming in -- I think open source -- we've seen in the media about 21. We also know that there are several people still missing.
- US Airlines restart after Irene,face financial hit
- "With winter storms, you can get tremendous amounts of snow and ice on the ground" that requires days to recover from, Baker said.
- Remembering Hurricane Katrina
- I'm proud that we've improved our emergency communication, evacuation procedures, and levee construction but there is still work to be done in securing our city from the threat of storms.
Suggested Web Resources
- Track Hurricane Katia, Track Tropical Storm Maria, Track Tropical
- Features an interactive map showing cloud cover and up-to-the-minute weather information from satellites, buoys, and radar, plus 150 years of hurricane history.
- Storm watch, Tornadoes, Thunderstorms, Weather News - weather
- Aug 1, 2011 Get the latest weather news and storm watch information on tornadoes, thunderstorms, and other weather news.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesfluconazole off-label uses
triple h controversy
culture of england cuisine
nomic online play