A selection of articles related to strawberries.
Original articles from our library related to the Strawberries. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Strawberries.
- Sweet Woodruff
- Botanical Name(s): Asperula odorata , Galium odoratum Species: Rubiaceae Also known as: Woodruff; 'Musk of the Woods' (french), Ladies-in-the-Hay (English), Sweet Grass (English), Waldmeister (German - meaning 'Master of the Wood') Description: Smooth; erect...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary S
- The Garden of Desire
- It is Mabon. I walk about my garden in the cool of the evening. The leaves of the trees show hints of the coming fall. The harvest should be ripe, but disappointingly, there is little here to celebrate. My pumpkins should be covering the ground in their...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Food Magic
- Taste, touch, feel, aroma, shape and color. What do your senses tell you about food? Do some foods feel more powerful than others? For example, what do your senses tell you about a lemon? Powerful? If so, what power do you find? Imagine how many hours it...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Strawberries is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Strawberries books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Growing Strawberries in the Home Garden
- Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources • Oklahoma State University. Julia Whitworth. Small Fruits Specialist.
- Organic Strawberries
- Production Guide for. Organic Strawberries. 2011.
- GROWING STRAWBERRIES IN YOUR HOME GARDEN
- GROWING STRAWBERRIES. IN YOUR HOME GARDEN. B.
- Growing Strawberries
- The strawberry is the most popular small fruit grown in the home garden.
- Strawberries & DNA
- In this lab, students will extract DNA from a strawberry using everyday materials and observe its To show students a method to extract DNA from strawberries.
Suggested News Resources
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
- The original recipe was for ALL rhubarb, but there were strawberries around the weekend she made it, and a strawberry-rhubarb combination is one of my favorites.
- The Garden Life: Strawberries are sweet way to start growing fruit
- By Rob Rosser Strawberries, Fragaria ananassa, adapt better than any other small fruit crop to Washington climates. If you want to start growing garden fruits, start with strawberries. The strawberry is considered an herbaceous perennial.
- California Defied Own Scientists With Pesticide Approval
- Methyl iodide is known to cause miscarriages, thyroid dysfunction, and cancer and it's applied to crops like strawberries and peppers.
- Garden Q&A: You can transplant strawberry crowns now
- I remember that when I attended training in Live Oak, they talked about refrigerating strawberry crowns before planting. But I learned that is only for fall crops. Spring is a much more productive time for homeowners to grow strawberries.
- Marinated Watermelon and Strawberries
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and watermelon, then pour the syrup over them. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Serve in glasses.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fragaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Strawberries are not true berries. The fleshy and edible part of the fruit is a receptacle, and the parts that are sometimes mistakenly called "seeds" are achenes.
- Chocolate Strawberries, Festivals, Recipes, Nutrition, Facts
- The best website for strawberries! We have recipes, festivals, facts, chocolate covered strawberries, nutrition info, pictures, chocolate strawberries, and more.
- Strawberries & More - University of Illinois Extension
- Learn how to grow and care for strawberries. Contains information about insects that attack the plants, nutrition, facts, and recipes.
- Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Strawberries, raw
- Nutrition facts and Information for Strawberries, raw.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.