Street Dance Styles
A selection of articles related to street dance styles.
Original articles from our library related to the Street Dance Styles. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Street Dance Styles.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- The Rainmaker's Apprentice
- Once a Rainmaker and her new apprentice were traveling through the forest. When they stopped at a stream to fill their canteens, the apprentice asked the Rainmaker if she could call the rain. "Well," said the Rainmaker, as she looked about them at...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Street Dance Styles is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Street Dance Styles books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- New studio offers lessons in social dancing
- Their studio on Forest is the fifth they've run since opening their first, also called Dance New York, at 54th Street and Broadway in 1994. “We couldn't ask for a more perfect space,” said Suzanne Phillips of the large open space, ...
- Scores of Boston-area dancers will vie for world Irish dancing crown
- Some of the students, including Woodcock, are preparing for a competition that means a bit more than the audio turf war on Rockland Street: They are tapping furiously toward the 2016 World Irish Dancing Championships in Glasgow on March 20-27.
- Arts notes: March 13
- The 13 students created a 48-inch round table with four place settings and design styles that capture Victorian, rustic, contemporary and transitional themes.
- Disney's California Adventure rocks out with Cars Land's Luigi's Rollickin
- This week marked the introduction of Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters, an attraction that will give Cars Land two dance-themed rides and further heighten the musically festive atmosphere of the area. Luigi's also ...
- RIVERSIDE: Break dance legend Ken Swift coming to UCR
- “I don't have a master's or bachelor's or whatever,” Swift said. “My experience is just from where I come.” That would be the streets of New York, where he started break-dancing in 1978 at age 12.