A selection of articles related to substance abuse.
Original articles from our library related to the Substance Abuse. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Substance Abuse.
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- How reliable are things remembered under hypnosis?
- This has often arisen as both a legal issue (as in the reliability oftestimony obtained during or after hypnotherapy) and also a social issue(regarding the use of hypnotherapy to establish evidence of early child abuse,for example). It is entirely true that...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Hypnosis, volition, and mind control.
- 5.1. Is the hypnotist in control of me? The exact nature of what we experience as 'will' or volition is anage-old philosophical problem that has yet to be resolved by brain scientistsor psychologists. Some aspects of hypnotic responding point out weaknesses...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Substance Abuse is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Substance Abuse books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Substance Abuse Prevention Dollars and Cents: A Cost-Benefit
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Center for Rockville, MD: Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance.
- U.S. - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- This booklet and other substance abuse treatment-related prod- ucts are available Improvement, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment,.
- Preventing Drug Use Among - National Institute on Drug Abuse
- What are the highest risk periods for drug abuse among youth? 9. When and Chapter 2: Planning for Drug Abuse Prevention in the Community.
- Substance Abuse Chartbook
- Substance. Abuse. Prepared by the Schneider Institute for Health Policy, Brandeis University Substance Abuse:The Nation's Number One Health Problem.
Suggested News Resources
- Facebook, Myspace Tied to Teen Substance Abuse Risk
- WASHINGTON – Substance abuse is a bigger problem for adolescents who daily spend time on social networking sites such as Facebook and Myspace, as 70% of American adolescents say they do, according to a survey released Aug.
- District Attorney and Sheriff Form United Front Against Teen Substance Abuse
- Studies show that one in four Santa Barbara high school students needs intervention, treatment, and/or counseling for their substance abuse issues.
- Mouse Study Ties Substance Abuse to Depression
- By Rick Nauert PhD Senior News Editor Scientists have known that a mood disorder such as depression can increase an individual's risk for substance abuse.
- Truck Series driver Shane Sieg suspended for violating substance-abuse policy
- By Bob Pockrass Camping World Truck Series driver Shane Sieg has been suspended indefinitely for violating NASCAR's substance-abuse policy. Sieg has 12 starts this year for his family-owned team and is 24th in the standings.
- Fair Haven Opens Teen Center To Combat Substance Abuse
- (Host) According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Vermont leads the nation when it comes to teen drinking and marijuana use.
Suggested Web Resources
- Substance abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Substance abuse, also known as drug abuse, refers to a maladaptive pattern of use of a substance that is not considered dependent.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- SAMHSA works to improve the quality and availability of substance abuse prevention, alcohol and drug addiction treatment, and mental health services.
- Substance Abuse
- People abuse substances such as drugs, alcohol, and tobacco for varied and complicated reasons, but it is clear that our society pays a significant cost.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - The Science of Drug Abuse and
- The mission of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is to lead the Nation bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
Substance Abuse Topics
Related searchespoiseuilles law
smurl haunting skepticism
karmein chan murder
bracket types of brackets