A selection of articles related to subtractive synthesis.
Original articles from our library related to the Subtractive Synthesis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Subtractive Synthesis.
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Software of the Mind #2: Adopting Natural Software
- Connection with Nature faded away as humanity removed itself physically and mentally from natural living. Thought replaced direct knowledge, (intuition) and ego replaced the mode of the natural mind. This is becoming increasingly the case not only at the...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Subtractive Synthesis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Subtractive Synthesis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Blast from the past: Yamaha VL1
- Looking back at the mid-'90s, it's obvious that musicians were ready for a change. The vast majority of synthesizers of the day made use of subtractive sample-playback synthesis to create and shape sounds. Once seen as an alternative to the simple ...
- Dial-Tones Moogfest
- During the day, a Moog engineer will facilitate a 90 minute synth building workshop where participants of all skill levels will discover the beauty and power of analog circuitry and the principles of subtractive synthesis.
- Forgive me Lord, For I have Synth: A Guide to Subtractive Synthesis
- Subtractive synthesis is easily the most important type of synthesis you will come across. Why?
- 4 Oscillator Subtractive Synth
- Plugin Boutique are soon to release Carbon Electra which they describe as a 4 Oscillator subtractive synthesiser featuring informative displays, editable step sequencer, vocal filter, integrated distortion and analog control.
- Building a synth, entering a scene: Moogfest debuts in Durham with "Dial-Tones"
- This entailed placing caps on the synth keys, securing the circuit board safely in its metallic casing and tightening a few screws. As we worked, a representative from Moog outlined the history of subtractive synthesis and the Moog brand.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.