A selection of articles related to sufferings.
Original articles from our library related to the Sufferings. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sufferings.
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- King James Bible: II Corinthians, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia: 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus...
New Testament >> II Corinthians
- Osiris and the journey to Eternal Life
- Osiris, the king of Egypt was beloved by all his people. He taught them to plow the earth, to honor the gods and he gave them laws to live by. But his brother Seth was jealous and plotted against him to become king in his place. Even though his queen, Isis,...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 2
- When thoughts are replaced by silence in the mind, perception arises. It is a part of the modern condition wherein the mind of humanity is constantly overwhelmed, by a million considerations and thoughts. In acquiring silence, the mind is enabled to get out...
Mind >> World Mind
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
Sufferings is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sufferings books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ST. PAUL ON SUFFERING
- We all experience suffering although not in equal portions. When the blows of that suffering is fitting in some collective or general sense.
- Patron Saints for Special Sufferings
- Patron Saints for Special Sufferings. Saints Symbols in .. Way of the Cross.
- Suffering - Paul's Example
- This article seeks to take a brief look at Paul's sufferings and how they serve as an example Paul was not deterred from preaching the gospel by his sufferings.
- Christ's Sufferings God's Hand and Counsel Acts 4:28 Key # 31
- History of the Suffering and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Sanctify Your Sufferings as Spirituality My preacher-hero of the
- Sanctify Your Sufferings as Spirituality.
Suggested News Resources
- Cortez: Christian Suffering
- Because we are Christians we are tempted to believe that we are immune from the sufferings of this world, and insulated from all the trials around us. We reason out that if God is powerful and loving, he will never let his children experience pain.
- World Youth Day Way of the Cross
- Christ's passion urges us to take upon our own shoulders the sufferings of the world, in the certainty that God is not distant or far removed from man and his troubles.
- A better education? Scott Stephens on Martha Nussbaum.
- US philosopher Martha Nussbaum says Nations all over the world are producing generations of useful machines, rather than complete citizens who can think for themselves and understand another person's sufferings and achievements. True or not?
- PHL Islamic renegade rebel leader appeals to UN to help resolve conflict
- Sheik Ameril Umra Kato, chief of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Movement, told reporters inside their camp here on Sunday they wanted UN to extend help end seemingly endless sufferings of Filipino Muslims that claimed tens of thousands of lives.
- An artist of the windblown world
- Jesus was talking about the sufferings he would endure at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he would be killed but on the third day be raised to life. Immediately Peter protested, “Never, Lord!” he said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Suffering - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- Definition of SUFFERING. 1. : the state or experience of one that suffers.
- Suffering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Suffering, or pain in a broad sense, is an individual's basic affective experience of unpleasantness and aversion associated with harm or threat of harm.
- Christ's Holy Sufferings, by Martin Luther
- Christ's Holy Sufferings. by Martin Luther (1483-1546).
- Sufferings Quotes - BrainyQuote
- Sufferings Quotes from BrainyQuote, an extensive collection of quotations by famous authors, celebrities, and newsmakers.