A selection of articles related to sufi texts.
Original articles from our library related to the Sufi Texts. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sufi Texts.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Sufi Texts is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sufi Texts books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Malick Goes LA in the Sumptuous Knight of Cups
- An English Baptist and a Sufi poet: an ideal double-barreled allusion for a filmmaker who is equal parts preacher and flower child. Still, the specific texts are not that important.
- Ibn Rushd's Muslim Feminism
- I refer readers to Azza Karam's book on the issue Women, Islamisms and the State and engage with this third group that finds inspiration in Muslim philosophers like Ibn Rushd and Sufi metaphysicians like Ibn Arabi. Today Ibn Rushd only.
- Libya: Military Intervention Would Only Strengthen the Islamic State
-  While the boy's devout family had enrolled him in a Quranic school affiliated with a Sufi brotherhood, he was gradually radicalized through his contacts with a neighborhood imam, who turned him away from Sufism in favor of jihadism.
- Incarnations: India in 50 Lives by Sunil Khilnani, review: 'superb'
- William Jones, the great translator of Sanskrit texts, is the only white male here. The choice is ...