- Sumatra declares forest fires emergency
- Jakarta - Forest and plantation fires on Indonesia's Sumatra island at the onset of the dry season prompted the affected province to declare an emergency, an official said on Tuesday.
- Indonesia earthquake: Where is Sumatra and where have tsunami warnings been
- Indonesia is situated in southeast Asia. The nation is made up of more than 14,000 volcanic islands between Asia and Australia and has a population estimated at 255 million people. Sumatra, part of the Sunda Islands, is an island located in western ...
- Orangutan population in Sumatra more than doubles after census
- There are more than twice as many orangutans on the Indonesian island of Sumatra as we thought, according to a new survey. But deforestation and development could still see their numbers plummet over the next decade. A team led by Serge Wich, ...
- Notes from the Field: Sumatra's Bukit Tigapuluh Ecosystem
- Recently Dr. Bert Harris, Rainforest Trust's Director of Biodiversity Conservation, traveled to Sumatra for a field visit with Indonesian partner, Yayasan Konservasi Ekosistem Hutan Sumatera (KEHUS).
- Moderate earthquake hits south-west Sumatra
- A moderate earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale struck south-west of Sumatra at 4.20am today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
Sumatra is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sumatra books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdigestive system
bc rail n-scale
list of bridges spain
vermilion china red
saint isabel of france