A selection of articles related to summer solstice.
Original articles from our library related to the Summer Solstice. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Summer Solstice.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Chamomile: The Healer
- Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, dedicated it to their gods. No...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Summer Solstice is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Summer Solstice books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Summer Solstice Celebration Announces New Leaders Robin Elander, Robby Robbins
- Summer Solstice Celebration has announced the appointment of Robin Elander as executive director and Robby Robbins as development and communications director. “We are very pleased to announce these appointments,” reported Stacie Bouffard, board ...
- Winter in July, summer solstice in December: why leap days are really important
- Eventually the loss of one day every four years would get us to the point where the summer solstice would be in December and winter would be in July. That means Christmas would be sunny in the UK and cold in Australia, and there'd sometimes be snow at ...
- Save a snowball, name your own price on Summer Solstice at Science Center
- Snow has arrived in the region again, giving the public another chance to make snowballs – for Carnegie Science Center's annual “Snowball Day” celebration of the Summer Solstice.
- A different kind of story
- The story unfolds mostly chronologically, though Watson offers some digressions, like his visit to Stonehedge in England to witness sunrise on the summer solstice. Beginning chapters recount how early civilizations worshipped light (and also feared ...
Summer Solstice Topics
Related searcheselizabethan theatre genres
valkyrie profile mythology
myasthenia gravis blood tests
microeconomics market failure
nanjing markets and shopping areas