A selection of articles related to summer.
Original articles from our library related to the Summer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Summer.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
Summer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Summer books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- José Mourinho wants summer return after 'lies' have been written about him
- On Mourinho's side, the three-times Premier League winner has said he is hopeful of a summer return and claims to have turned down a number of offers since parting company with Chelsea. Speaking to Fletch and Sav on BT Sport, the 53-year-old said: “I ...
- Summer Camp Guide 2016
- So to help you, the hapless parent, find just the right place (or places) for your child this summer, a group of IndyStar staffers culled through area offerings, looking for the ones that appealed to them.
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Headed In One Direction: To The Top
- Australian hitmakers 5 Seconds of Summer have been on the road for the last few weeks and are already 11-dates into their Sounds Live, Feels Live tour. As any pop fan will know 5 Seconds of Summer are managed by the same team that look after One ...
- Summer jobs program seeking sponsors, employment for Phillly youth
- Speaking at the podium is President and CEO of Philadelphia Youth Network Chekemma Fulmore-Townsend. Seated, from right to left, Siobhan Reardon, Free Library of Philadelphia president and director; city managing director Mike DiBerardinis; and ...
- Australia's summer is the hottest on record and STORMS are predicted in Sydney
- Australia has been experiencing a seemingly endless summer, smashing heat records and packing beaches for the first fortnight of Autumn. Parts of northern Australia experienced the driest January and February in more than half a century, smashing heat ...
holidays in canada federal
witches medieval times