A selection of articles related to sun god.
Original articles from our library related to the Sun God. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sun God.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Sun God is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sun God books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Worship of Sun god (Chhath Puja)
- 1. THE SUN WORSHIP FESTIVAL. (CHHATH).
- Live Folklorico dancing throughout the day and evening at all HDH restaurants on 5/4 and 5/5. Surf & Turf 5pm-8pm. @ Café Ventanas.
- SAINT CONSTANTINE'S SUN GOD COINS
- This bronze coin showing Sol, the sun god, was minted in small quantities between 313 and 326 AD by Saint.
- The Enthroned Sun-God and His Twelve Powers
- The Enthroned Sun-God and His Twelve Powers. " Behold, around mine own celestial throne. Are set twelve others, like a jewelled zone.
Suggested News Resources
- Music meltdown
- The Egyptian sun god Ra might have relocated to Osaka as this year's Summer Sonic Festival operated under a scorching, relentless sun.
- Virgin Mary, goddess Astoreth are not the same
- She was commonly worshipped in Phoenicia and Cyprus, and her cult reached Egypt, where she was worshipped as one of the daughters of the sun god Ra.
- The pharaoh syndrome
- Believed to be the earthly embodiment of Ra or Re — the Egyptian sun god — the pharaoh was revered by the Egyptians as a divine despot whose every demand was to be unquestionably obeyed.
- The Eye in the Sky
- From the Sun God Ra, to the Illuminati triangle found on the US dollar, to WWII and current anti-terrorism propaganda, eyes have been used as symbols of power, to impress, discipline and threaten.
- Live music: Saturday
- Ferntree Gully Hotel, $24, 1300 762 545 Laidback Sydney punk institutions, with Hoss and Sun God Replica. Tote Hotel, Collingwood, $24, 1300 762 545 Not quite country, not quite rockabilly.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sun God Festival 2011 :: Friday, May 13th
- May 15, 2011 Check out the Sun God Festival website at http://roll.to/sungod2011 from your phone or Check out the Beverage Menu, aka the Sun God Six.
- Solar deity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A solar deity (also sun god/dess) is a deity who represents the Sun, or an aspect of it, usually by its perceived power and strength.
- Ra - the Sun God
- Ra (aka Re) Sun-god of Heliopolis (known to the Egyptians as Annu), head of the Heliopolitan ennead. He was considered self created and the creator of all.
- Sun God | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- Sun God's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.