A selection of articles related to superstitions.
Original articles from our library related to the Superstitions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Superstitions.
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 4: More Rope Techniques
- ROPE is a very effective projection technique, but it still has to be learned to be effective. I would like to elaborate on a couple of points about the technique, inspired by the feedback I have received so far. There is NO visualization required - AT ALL -...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
Superstitions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Superstitions books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A Demon Ate the Sun: How Solar Eclipses Inspired Superstition
- The first and only total solar eclipse of 2016 will roll across the sky this week.
- 4 Reasons People Believe In Superstitions, According To Science
- I'm willing to bet we're all familiar with a superstition or two, but have you ever wondered why people believe in superstitions to begin with?
- For some Royals, superstitions are all about comfort
- Sometimes, the lengths to which players will go extends beyond rituals to the superstitious.
- Very Superstitious
- Washing his face in urine—symbolically—was something my Soviet Jewish family often did for newborns, as part of an old superstitious belief.
- Why athletes have such strange superstitions
- There are many superstitions in our society, but no sector of society is more superstitious than the world of sports. Certainly sports fans can be a superstitious bunch.
Related searchesavebury the avebury triangle
mount vesuvius origin of the name
the rutles bootlegs
axe axe manufacturers