- Mapping the Hotspots of Britain's Surnames
- Surnames of Scandinavian origin, for example, are still most common east of the Danelaw, the limit of Danish settlement in Britain drawn after 9th century wars with the Anglo-Saxons.
- Texas name game: Tracing surnames of famous Texans
- Matthew McConaughey is a Texas native, but he may have a cousin in Malta. The Mediterranean island nation has the world's highest density of people named McConaughey, according to the genealogy website Forebears. Forebears is experiencing a new ...
- Surname mapping website reveals where you come from
- The database will tell you the roots of your surname, the countries and cities where it is most popular and the top forenames associated with it.
- Bale? Warburton? Halfpenny? This new map says our sports stars' surnames are
- A new website has been created to generate a 'heat map' to show where surnames are most common across the UK – and sports fans will be glad some of the less common Welsh surnames found their way to Wales. The site, called Names, has been ...
Surnames is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Surnames books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbeard the ancient and classical world
music education great britain