A selection of articles related to swallow wort.
Original articles from our library related to the Swallow Wort. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Swallow Wort.
- St. John's Wort: Correspondences
- Hypericum perforatum Poison Folk Names: Amber, Fuga daemonum , Scare-Devil, Goat Weed, Herba John, John's Wort, Klamath Weed, Sol Terrestis, Tipton Weed Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Fire Deity: Baldur Power: Protection, Health, Strength, Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary S
- Celandine: Correspondences
- Chelidonium majus Folk Names: Celydoyne, Chelidoninum, Devil's Milk, Garden Celandine, Greater Celandine, Kenning Wort, Swallow Herb, Swallow Wort, Tetterwort Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Escape, Happiness, Legal...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Hypericum - bearer and giver of sunlight
- "So much to do, I still have so much to do!" In this song the Dutch band Toontje Lager describes in a comical way how we try to fit into modern day society by exercising a thousand activities in a very limited scheme. At the same time we wish to...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men: 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Swallow Wort is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swallow Wort books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mahashivaratri: Favorite Plants of Lord Shiva
- Arka or aak is taxonomically known as Calotropis procera belonging to the family Its names in different languages are –arka, alarka, mandaraand suryapattain Sanskrit; madar, and ak in Hindi; milk weed or swallow-wort in English. It has two varieties C.
- Alexandria: Birders Protest Chemical Treatment at Monticello Park
- Marty Meserve, a long-time Monticello birder who remains skeptical of many assertions from EPA about the safety of herbicides, compares this to a beloved island in Maine that is being devoured by black swallowwort, the New England equivalent of English ...
- Managerial Corporate State and the Myth of Fascist Tolerance
- According to the learned liberal, “one swallow does not a summer make, one Dadri does not make a country of 1.24 billion people intolerant”.
- Garden Q and A: Fighting Black Swallowwort, living with clover
- Black Swallowwort is everywhere. It threatens native plant habitats and has been listed on the New England invasive plants list. Many people don't know the vine's negative consequences and think it's just an attractive foliage plant growing on their fence.
- Invasive vines swallow up New York's natural areas
- When Antonio DiTommaso, a Cornell weed ecologist, first spotted pale swallow-wort in 2001, he was puzzled by it. Soon he noticed many Cornell old-field edges were overrun with the weedy vines. At Grenadier Island near Watertown, N.