- North Philly residents seek to revive 'Swampoodle' neighborhood
- In the latest of edition of its Every ZIP Philadelphia series, WHYY's Aaron Moselle takes a look at the North Philadelphia neighborhood once known as Swampoodle, a quirky name that the Department of Records traces at least as far back as 1926.
- Permit eclectic: Swampoodle, variety retail on H Street NE, Starbucks upgrades
- 5501 14th St. NW: A complete renovation of the entire building, to include new bathrooms, one office, new windows, new electrical, HVAC, plumbing and painting inside and out.
- Harmony will seek grants; talks held to reopen trail
- The grant will cover all four parks, which include Wood Street Park, the canoe launch at the end of Jackson Street, the playground behind the borough building and Swampoodle Park. The borough also will look at other grants.
- Bullet fractures teen's pelvis in Swampoodle
- An 18-year-old suffered serious injuries Saturday night during a shooting in the Swampoodle section of North Philadelphia.
- Street Smart: What to do in Swampoodle
- “Swampoodle” — whose name was derived from a journalist's description of the area as “swampy” (because of its proximity to Tiber Creek) and awash in “puddles” — was the heart of Washington's Irish immigrant community in the mid-19th century.
Swampoodle is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swampoodle books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheskateryna lahno
jamaican english vocabulary
piano key frequencies
la liga filipina