A selection of articles related to swan dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Swan Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Swan Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
Swan Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swan Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- This dictionary has been replaced by Oscar Swan's On-Line Polish-English,. English-Polish dictionary, available at: http://polish.slavic.
- Swann's 'A Dictionary of English and Folk-names of British Birds.'
- Swann's 'A Dictionary of English and Folk-Names of British. Birds.
- Welcome to the Swan Bells Belltower
- Opened on December 10, 2000, the 'Swan Bells' was Western Australia's Millennium Project.
- Slovak Language Resources on the SVU WEBSITE Compiled by
- Swan, Oscar E. Beginning Slovak (Book and 8 Audio-cassettes). Audio-Forum, 1992 Slovak-English, English-Slovak Dictionary and Phrasebook.
Suggested News Resources
- WHITE SWAN — DICTIONARY
- The Lifeboat Foundation Worldwide Ambassador Mr. Andres Agostini's own White Swan Dictionary, Countermeassuring Every Unthinkable Black Swan, at http://lifeboat.com/blog/2014/04/white-swan.
Suggested Web Resources
- Urban Dictionary: swan
- 1. (noun) A large bird that is similar to but much larger than a goose. The most recognized type of swan is the Mute Swan, which is all white excep...
- Polish Dictionary: University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Oscar Swan's Online Polish English, English Polish dictionary. University of Pittsburgh Slavic Languages and Literatures.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.