A selection of articles related to swedish folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Swedish Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Swedish Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Swedish Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swedish Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Aloha movie review: hello, and good-bye
- So it turns out that casting Emma Stone as a woman who is one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Hawaiian (“my mother is Swedish” she hastens to inform everyone) was far from the worst bad choice writer-director Cameron Crowe (We Bought a Zoo, Almost ...
- H&M Won the Casting Diversity Game for Fall 2016
- In addition to inclusiveness, the brand also decided to celebrate its Swedish heritage, which was the starting point for the clothing — from Swedish folklore to iconic Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman.
- Starbucks brought Italian cafe style to America. Can it bring American coffee
- In the early 1980s, Schultz was running sales for a high-end Swedish housewares company and noticed that a small coffee chain in the Pacific Northwest was buying a lot of its drip coffee makers.
Swedish Folklore Topics
Related searchesportuguese colonization of africa
norwegian parliamentary election 2005
list of volcanoes south korea
kka pirate transmitter gildehaus