A selection of articles related to swedish folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Swedish Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Swedish Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Swedish Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swedish Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Folk Tales and Traditions
- This teacher's guide contains a total of 15 works by mainly Swedish artists.
- Recreation, Reshaping, and Renewal among Contemporary
- Oct 21, 2006 Contemporary Swedish Folk Singers. Attitudes toward .
- LEGENDS AND LANDSCAPE
- Ulrika Wolf-Knuts (Finland): From Philology to Process: The Collection of. Finlands Svenska Folkdiktning as a Representation of Finland-Swedish Folklore .
Suggested News Resources
- “MARIANNE” (Fantasia Film Review)
- Taking a few pages from Swedish folklore, MARIANNE (world-premiering tonight and encoring Saturday at Fantasia) also seems inspired by the family and marriage dramas of Tegstedt's fellow countryman Ingmar Bergman.
Suggested Web Resources
- Skogsra - Forest Spirits in Swedish Folklore
- Notably unpredictable, these folklore babes known in Sweden as 'skogsra' seem as easily to bestow good fortune as trouble...
- Åbo Akademi - Ulrika Wolf-Knuts: Finland Swedish Folklore Studies
- Sep 29, 2008 Ulrika Wolf-Knuts: Finland Swedish Folklore Studies. runsten_206x275.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Swedish Folklore Topics
Related searcheshypertensive retinopathy diagnosis
hematophagy human hematophagy
airbender elemental symbol
most popular names england and wales