A selection of articles related to sweet gum.
Original articles from our library related to the Sweet Gum. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sweet Gum.
- Sweet Woodruff
- Botanical Name(s): Asperula odorata , Galium odoratum Species: Rubiaceae Also known as: Woodruff; 'Musk of the Woods' (french), Ladies-in-the-Hay (English), Sweet Grass (English), Waldmeister (German - meaning 'Master of the Wood') Description: Smooth; erect...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary S
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Arabic, Gum: Correspondences
- Acacia vera Folk Names: Arabic, Egyptian Gum, Indian Gum Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Air Powers: Spirituality, Purification...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Venus - The Sweet Goddess of Love
- A soft, tender world in which we intimately relate to the persons and objects we love, a world where rejection is replaced by an over-flowing river of attention and attraction, a world full of beauty and harmony. The confirmation that you are okayâ€¦the...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 15:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land of your habitations, which I give unto you, 15:3 And will make an offering by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering,...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 28:2 Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season. 28:3...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Calamus: Correspondences
- Acorus calamus Poison Folk Names: Gladdon, Myrtle Flag, Myrtle Grass, Myrtle Sedge, Sweet Cane, Sweet Flag, Sweet Grass, Sweet Root, Sweet Rush, Sweet Sedge Gender: Feminine Planet: Moon Element: Water Deity: Power: Luck, Healing, Money, Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
Sweet Gum is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sweet Gum books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sweet gum
- Sweet gum.
- Hardwood Lumber and Veneer Series: Sweetgum
- Sweetgum (Liquidambar styraciflua L.
- Sweetgum Ball Control
- Horticulture. John W. Jett, Horticulture Specialist.
- United States. Department of. Agriculture.
- Plant Guide
- Contributed by: USDA NRCS National Plant Data. Center. Alternate names.
Suggested News Resources
- Dacula Area Road Closures: Aug. 28 - Sept. 4
- Alcovy Road from Alcovy Springs Drive to Sweetgum Road will require intermittent lane closures through December 2011 for roadway improvements associated with Sugarloaf Parkway extension, weather permitting.
- Palatka motorist drives into path of freight truck
- Britani L. Harris was stopped in a Honda sedan on Sweetgum Road about 2:30 am at Florida 207. When she drove onto 207, she was hit by a truck driven by Timothy C.
- 9/11 memorials at the World Trade Center, Shanksville, Pa.
- A view of the memorial plaza showing three of the 40 sweet gum trees at the Flight 93 National Memorial. Another view of some of the sweet gum trees — one for each victim — at the Flight 93 National Memorial.
- Flight 93 site attracts visitors to southwest Pennsylvania
- Associated Press Visitors to the temporary Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville, Pa., look out over a grove of sweet gum trees that were donated to the Flight 93 National Memorial by the organizers of the Sept. 11 Memorial in New York.
- Georgia Factory Provides China With 2 Million Chopsticks A Day (VIDEO)
- The poplar tree and sweet gum trees that "grow like weeds" (via Eater) in Americus provide the right balance of hardness and softness for producing chopsticks. Georgia Chopsticks, the only chopsticks manufacturer in the US, was created in November.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sweetgum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sweetgum (Liquidambar) is a genus of four species of flowering plants in the family Altingiaceae, though formerly often treated in the Hamamelidaceae.
- The sweetgum is also known as redgum, star-leaved gum, alligator-wood, and gumtree.
- Sweet gum
- Sweet gum.
- PLANTS Profile for Liquidambar styraciflua (sweetgum) | USDA
- A PLANTS profile of Liquidambar styraciflua (sweetgum) from the USDA PLANTS database.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.