Swiss German Vocabulary
A selection of articles related to swiss german vocabulary.
Original articles from our library related to the Swiss German Vocabulary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Swiss German Vocabulary.
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Raidho, the "r-rune", is the fifth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. The Old English Rune Poem, Old Norse Rune Rhyme and Old Icelandic Rune Poem all refer to horses in their verses on Raidho. Horses are how people got around back then,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Son of Njord, twin brother of Freya. "Frey" is a title simply meaning "Lord"; his original name was apparently some form of Yngvi/Ing. Together with Thor, Frey was one of the best-loved gods of the Viking Age. Frey was the main god of...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
Swiss German Vocabulary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Swiss German Vocabulary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- E:\1998 Journal\A-B.wpd
- Swiss German vocabulary to High German. I focused on non-specialized Swiss vocabulary; choosing the Zürich dialect as the basis of my study.
- Oblique case morphology, syncretism, and gender sensitive syntax
- German. B) Indefinite article distinct positions for -m and -r. Swiss German .
- Using German Vocabulary
- authentic German texts, enabling students to work with the vocabulary in context.
- SignWriting and Swiss German Sign Language Short Report Dr
- which are not found in simple lists of vocabulary words or short sentences.
Suggested Web Resources
- Swiss German - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Many of these are now so common that they have totally replaced the original Swiss German words, e.g.
- Schweizerdeutsch - German Dialects Linklist
- This introduction to the Swiss German language from the website Hallo Schweiz contains a Kleines Spracharsenal of vocabulary for the beginner.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.