A selection of articles related to sycamore tree.
Original articles from our library related to the Sycamore Tree. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sycamore Tree.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Tree of Life
- The Tree of Life is a glyph is intended to represent the cosmos in its entirety and the soul of man. We use this Tree as a tool to calculate the intricacies of existence. The glyph is made up of ten circles, Sephirah, or spheres. The Sephiroth represent the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- The Walnut tree – a vegetative guardian angel
- Nature gave us a wonderful tree providing strength, stability and protection in a number of ways. The Black Walnut brings healing on the psychological and emotional plane, cures the body and nurtures the nervous system. The Walnut tree speaks to me mostly in...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary W
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Pepper Tree: Correspondences
- Schinus molle Folk Names: California Pepper Tree, Peruvian Mastic Tree, Piru Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Purification, Healing, Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary P
Sycamore Tree is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sycamore Tree books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- (The story of Zacchaeus climbing the Sycamore tree to see Jesus is
- “A Sycamore Tree” based on Luke 19. Aspen Community United Methodist Church. October 31, 2010.
- Hardwood Lumber and Veneer Series: Sycamore
- Sycamore. Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis L.
- AMERICAN SYCAMORE
- Planetree, American planetree, buttonball tree. Uses.
- Welcome Guests - Sycamore Tree United Methodist Church
- at Sycamore Tree. Welcome Guests! We have been expecting you!
Suggested News Resources
- Gary Bogue: Ants! How do I get them off my hummingbird feeder?
- By Gary Bogue I recently put out a hummingbird feeder in the sycamore tree in the backyard and after a couple of refills I have now found it to be all but overrun with ants. They appear to be pretty amazing insects.
- Urgent Care Needed for Historic Village Trees
- By Erin Kelly Members of the Preserve Graydon Coalition are concerned this "iconic" Sycamore tree is ailing.
- Storms down trees in Bedford County
- A branch from a sycamore tree came down, pulling down power lines from the side of the house.
- Oregon Garden lecture examines plants of the Bible
- Zacchaeus, the tax collector in the New Testament, did not climb a sycamore tree to catch a glimpse of Jesus. And the "lilies of the field" that neither toiled nor spun in the Beatitudes? Different flowers altogether.
- Residents in Glen Ridge's south end fear loss of trees
- A sycamore tree estimated at close to 100 years old rises in front of Paul Byrne's house on Midland Avenue. In the wake of the Gray Street PSE&G project, some south end residents fear they could lose some of their trees as well.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Sycamore Tree
- Offers over 3000 items to supplement a home-school curriculum. Also includes accredited online school for grades 3-12.
- American Sycamore Tree - Platanus occidentalis
- Read a lovingly documented photo essay on the American Sycamore Tree, see large format photos detailing the trees, leaves and bark.
- Sycamore Tree
- Sycamore Tree.
- Sycamore - 100 Most Common North American Trees
- A walk-through description and guide to identifying sycamore or Platanus occidentalis. Find out more about the tree's habit, range, silviculture and management.