A selection of articles related to symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 2 Indiana universities vandalized with anti-Semitic symbolism
- A swastika was scratched into a statue at the University of Indianapolis, prompting an investigation and a strong message from the school's president. In an email sent to students Tuesday morning, UIndy President Robert L. Manuel said he "was recently ...
- The glitzy event has often been used by US presidents to recognize or fortify
- And the symbolism of state dinners – those glittering events so eagerly sought by the not-so-powerful – ranges from American acknowledgment of another nation's emerging status as a great power, to rapprochement with a former adversary, to assuaging the ...
- Trudeau's currency of equality – symbolism meets cold hard cash
- Or maybe fifties, or hundreds.
- Abe Foxman: Trump Knew His Hitler-Like Salute Was Evoking Fascist Symbolism
- Donald Trump knew he was evoking fascist symbolism when he asked supporters at a campaign rally in Florida to raise their right arms and pledge to vote for him, former Anti-Defamation League leader Abraham Foxman said.
- Forrest's Vale deal big on symbolism
- The timing was less than exquisite, but yesterday's news of an agreement between Brazilian giant Vale and Fortescue was all about symbolism and little about actual deals converting into action.
the secret of nimh plot
jan karol chodkiewicz
order of the dutch lion
moonshine moonshine production today