A selection of articles related to synaesthesia.
Original articles from our library related to the Synaesthesia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Synaesthesia.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
Synaesthesia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Synaesthesia books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- EMOTIONALLY MEDIATED SYNAESTHESIA
- resembles a number of reports in the historical literature on synaesthesia.
Suggested News Resources
- I can see a Rainbow - The amazing world of Synaesthesia
- For those who have the condition known as Synaesthesia, these phrases are very real.
- Groove Coaster; Hungribles – review
- The synaesthesia genre has long beguiled academics and intellectuals, attempting to bolster their "games are art" arguments.
- O'Connor, Philharmonia/Salonen
- (Perhaps 'often' is an exaggeration, but Scriabin's peri-compositional ideas – his mysticism, his interest in synaesthesia – contribute to discussions of the broader aesthetic climate of the time.) The two men share a debt to Rimsky-Korsakoff.
- The Genius in My Basement by Alexander Masters - review
- theory: rows and ranks of squares rotated through 90, 180, 270 degrees, apparently unchanged, if it were not for the way the moves are represented, with flailing little humanoid arms and legs – a lovely insight into the synaesthesia of giftedness.
- Dating, tasting and relating: a tale of obsession
- “She also has a condition known as synaesthesia, which means she can taste words. “What starts out as a casual correspondence soon develops into an obsession, because unknown to Simon, Ava thinks his words taste divine.
Suggested Web Resources
- Synaesthesia is a program that gives a graphical accompanyment to music.
- Letter-Color Synaesthesia
- Cassidy Curtis describes how his colored letters and words look to him.
- A compilation of information from the internet and traditional sources. Includes explanations of the different types of perception.
- Synaesthesia index - Fws1
- Synaesthesia (syn -joined, aesthesia -sense) is a neurological rarity in which two or more senses are connected.