A selection of articles related to synagogue history.
Original articles from our library related to the Synagogue History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Synagogue History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Synagogue History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Synagogue History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- How to explore the history of a London synagogue and community
- suggests how you might publish the history of a synagogue.
- A Brief History of the Jewish Temple
- A Brief History of the Jewish Temple by Randall Price. The history of the Jewish Temple begins and ends in prophecy.
- Our History Oak Park Temple B'nai Abraham Zion
- Oak Park Temple B'nai Abraham Zion. Page 1 of 5.
- The History of Touro Synagogue's Holocaust Scroll
- Apr 15, 2011 The History of Touro Synagogue's Holocaust Scroll. Scroll #363: An Orphan Scroll from Czechoslovakia.
- The history of Temple Shalom of Sussex County
- viduals who created businesses in the surrounding communities. Franklin attracted itinerant peddlers, especially.
Suggested News Resources
- Grants give Jewish history a boost in Prahran
- And Victoria's first Jewish House of Worship, the Melbourne Hebrew Congregation also in Prahran, has received $4500 to collate and curate an exhibition of historical items, documents and photographs reflecting the synagogue's history.
- Washington's letter to the Touro Synagogue in today's WSJ
- The Projo's Richard Salit published a lengthy story about the letter last weekend, too, and much-missed Providence AP scribe Eric Tucker traced the Touro Synagogue's history in 2009. Update: Would you rather listen than read? Or do both?
- Eldridge Synagogue is restored to its Moorish splendor
- These dramatic pieces of the grand synagogue's history are tied to the present with the circular blue/green glass window designed by artist Kiki Smith and architect Deborah Gans.
Suggested Web Resources
- Synagogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A synagogue, also spelled synagog (from Greek: συναγωγή transliterated synagogē, .. Aish.
- Synagogues- History
- Synagogues- Origins and History. Outside of Solomon's Temple, there is probably no more important institution in Judaism than the synagogue.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Synagogue
- Synagogue. The place of assemblage of the Jews. This article will treat of the name, origin, history, organization, liturgy and building of the synagogue.
- Synagogue - Judaism for Kids! - History for Kids
- May 5, 2011 Synagogue in Greek means a place for coming together, a meeting place, and that is what a synagogue (SIN-ah-gog) is.
- Synagogue History
- The History of B'nai Jeshurun Congregation .