A selection of articles related to synoptic gospels.
Original articles from our library related to the Synoptic Gospels. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Synoptic Gospels.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Synoptic Gospels is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Synoptic Gospels books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
- THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS. MATTHEW – MARK – LUKE. What does “Gospel” mean?
- DISCERNING SYNOPTIC GOSPEL ORIGINS: AN INDUCTIVE
- supports historically reliable accounts of His life in the Synoptic Gospels.
- SOME CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS TO THE
- The Synoptic Gospels are chief contributing sources in any. Christological the task of applying “a fresh new approach” to the Synoptic Gospels.
- The Nature of Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels
- The synoptic gospels demonstrate obliviousness to Jesus' deity.
- Semantic Vector Combinations and the Synoptic Gospels
- Semantic Vector Combinations and the Synoptic. Gospels. Dominic Widdows1 and Trevor Cohen2.
Suggested News Resources
- What scripture says about Jesus' brothers and sisters
- John 7:5 tells us his brothers didn't believe in Jesus, and all three synoptic gospels tell of a time when his mother and brothers came to speak with Jesus.
- Both Parties Feed Greed
- There are more than 100 references to the rich and poor in the New Testament, most of them found in the synoptic Gospels. None of those references and teachings of Christ regarding the wealthy are positive.
- Springfield Library to host voter forum and book discussion
- This account of the life of Jesus of Nazareth is one of the three synoptic gospels. It was thought to be an epitome, which accounts for its place as the second gospel in the Bible.
- Perceiving the beauty of Christ
- In the Synoptic gospels, “faith is related to concrete situations–illness, danger, and death of loved ones” (Dulles, The Assurance of Faith, 10). In St. Paul, faith is an active response, related to trust and obedience.
Suggested Web Resources
- Synoptic Gospels (biblical literature) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Synoptic Gospels (biblical literature), the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke in the New Testament.
- Synoptic Gospels
- The Synoptic Gospels are the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.