A selection of articles related to synoptic gospels.
Original articles from our library related to the Synoptic Gospels. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Synoptic Gospels.
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Synoptic Gospels is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Synoptic Gospels books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kings and Servants: The Lectionary for Palm Sunday and Passion Sunday
- Recall that John comes from a different tradition than the synoptic gospels (Mark, Matthew, and Luke), and so there will usually be significant differences between John and one of other gospels.
- The Retreat of Death
- Mary Magdalene had gone to the tomb to honor Jesus' dead body; the Synoptic Gospels all note that women went to Jesus' tomb to anoint his body with spices. If anyone knew death, the ancients did. Dying people were not sent away to hospitals to die ...
- Revealing 'The Young Messiah': An Interview with Cyrus Nowrasteh
- The boyhood of Jesus, often called his “hidden life,” is not even depicted in the canonical Scriptures outside of a couple brief episodes in the synoptic Gospels.
- Did later Christians change what Jesus' earliest followers believed about him?
- But inevitably the best 1st Century sources are in the New Testament, Paul's letters from A.D. 51 onward, followed by the other letters and the four Gospels.
- Open door Maundy Thursday service offered at Prescott Community Church
- The synoptic gospels each give an account of The Last Supper or The Feast of Passover, and 1 Corinthians contains a detailed description. From the account, it is apparent that Jesus, providing an example to his Apostles, humbled himself by washing and ...
Synoptic Gospels Topics
Related searchesbutterfly knife parts of a balisong
movie gallery history
lolicon status in uk
paul williams architect quotes