- Bado's modern Taarab from Coastal Kenya
- Taarab is a Swahili style of traditional music generally associated with Tanzania and Zanzibar. Coastal Kenya is rocking it today, though. Back in September when I was in Nairobi I had the pleasure of meeting Bado.
- In concert with Zanzibar's only female taarab group
- After the performance on the hotel terrace, Hamdan tells me that women-only taarab troupes fell out of favour because of changing musical tastes among the younger generation and the arrival of mass tourism. Women-only troupes thrived in the 1940s and ...
- Top Artiste With Two Wives Bans Them From Using Instagram At The Threat Of A
- The Taarab music maestro says that he had taken the actions following a conflict between his two wives on social media platforms and he had established their Instagram accounts to be the main cause.
- Taarab duo Asista calls for unity among artistes
- NAIROBI-based taarab duo group, Asista, is calling out for unity among the artistes from around the Swahili-speaking countries of East Africa.
- Kenya: Nyeri Slum Girl On Banks' Wings Scholarship Flies to Excellence
- By the time the interview is complete, news of her exam success had spread through the mainly Muslim community and women gather outside their house singing Taarab songs. A befitting response to a girl who has had to fight for everything in her life.
Taarab is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Taarab books and related discussion.