A selection of articles related to taboo deformation.
Original articles from our library related to the Taboo Deformation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Taboo Deformation.
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- An Opinion on Magick
- When I decided to write an article on magick I didn’t quite foresee what a difficult subject it was to write about. Magick, (real magick, not the tricks that David Copperfield does) is still considered to be somewhat of a taboo subject. Even in this...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Veils of Negative Existance and the Qliphoth
- There are two areas on the Tree of Life that need to be addressed to complete the description of it's structure. First, the area above Kether, the first Sephiroth, is called the Veils of Negative Existence. The term "Veils" suggests to us to use...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Alumina (Aluminum)
- Aluminum is a very light and easy transformable metal, associated with the planet Neptune and the sign Pisces. In astrology Neptune has to do with fading away, dissolving, excarnation, anonymity. This excarnation can work out in a positive way (mysticism,...
Remedies >> Remedies A
- A Germanic Pagan Looks at the Ten Commandments
- Once, the Ten Commandments were by law posted in schoolrooms in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky and other places around the USA. Now, efforts are being made to post them here and elsewhere. Most folks in these parts seem to think that's a great idea....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Taboo Deformation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Taboo Deformation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- JTC1/SC2/WG2 N2475 Title: Proposal to Add IDEOGRAPHIC
- Proposal to Add IDEOGRAPHIC TABOO VARIATION INDICATOR to ISO/IEC 10646 .
- The theory behind TABOO
- The theory behind. TABOO. Giorgio Spada.
- BOOK REVIEW: ENGENDERING SONG: SINGING
- probably due to a combination of expressive reduplication and taboo deformation that need not concern us here.
- ETYMOLOGIES (ETML) CTY Course Syllabus
- Slang and Taboo Deformation. Lesson 20: Clipped words. Select Vocabulary pp.
- forum section news
- be no less accurate than those based on more complicated assumptions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Euphemism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Historical linguistics has revealed traces of taboo deformations in many languages.
- Taboo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Taboos often extend to cover discussion of taboo topics.
- Taboo deformation - Discussion and Encyclopedia Article. Who is
- Taboo deformation. Discussion about Taboo deformation. Ecyclopedia or dictionary article about Taboo deformation.
- Euphemism Articles and Information
- The methods consistent with historical linguistics can reveal traces consistent with taboo deformations.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.