A selection of articles related to tailtiu.
Original articles from our library related to the Tailtiu. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tailtiu.
- Irish. Foster-mother of Lugh, who instituted the Tailtean Games, central event of the Festival of Lughnasadh (Lammas) (1 August), in her memory....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Tailtiu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tailtiu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Tailteann Games of Ancient Ireland
- first declared to be an annual assembly by King Lewey-the-Long-Hand upon the death of his foster mother, Tailtiu. The queen herself had ordered the games.
- EARLY CHRISTIAN IRELAND
- (ii) Tara and Tailtiu. ... the site of the royal assemblies of the king of Tara at Tailtiu (Teltown).
- Isis Moon Lughnasadh 2010
- his foster-mother, Tailtiu (the last queen of the Fir Bolg), who Tailtiu's name is from Old Celtic Talantiu,.
- The Celtic Encyclopedia, Volume V
- wake for the goddess Tailtiu. A re-enactment of the events that led to her death was held and the races and other games were her funeral games.
- Clans Celts & Clover Newsletter; August 2011
- mother Tailtiu who died of exhaustion clearing the plains of Ireland for agriculture . It is olten celebrated with bonfires and parties.
Suggested News Resources
- Valley Views: Touch the earth
- In Ireland the festival is often called Lughnasadh, named for the Celtic deity Lugh, who sought to honor his foster mother Tailtiu.
- A Blessed Lughnasadh
- Lughnasadh originated as one of the four main Celtic fire festivals and was dedicated to the Celtic god Lugh/Lugus the many-skilled (or, in the case of Ireland, Lugh's foster-mother Tailtiu).
Suggested Web Resources
- Tailtiu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tailtiu or Tailltiu is the name of a presumed goddess from Irish mythology. Telltown (also known as Taillten) in County Meath, was named for her.
- Tailtiu was the wife of Eochaid Mac Eirc it is said she brought enormous wealth to their marriage in her dowry. She was also the foster mother of Lugh Lámhfada.
- Tailtiu. Irish harvest goddess and eponym of Telltown in Ireland.
- Tailtiu: Information from Answers.com
- Tailtiu Tailltiu , Tailte Name for one of the three great fairs of early Ireland and the Fir Bolg queen there commemorated.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesumbreon name origin
stroma scotland external link
morrissey early life
battle of abensberg