A selection of articles related to tales.
Original articles from our library related to the Tales. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tales.
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Prince Ivan
- Not a divinity as such, but there are some echoes of a connection to Kupala. Ivan figures in a cycle of tales in several different versions, in which he inlists the aid of creatures he has formerly made a pact with in an initiatory gloss, to encompass the...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
Tales is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tales books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Buddhist Tales for Young and Old (Illustrated)
- Tale 52, 539 — King Fruitful and Queen Sivali .....................................19. Chapter Tale 63 — The Wicked Lady and Buttermilk Wise Man .....................
- English Fairy Tales
- English Fairy Tales Collected by Joseph Jacobs is a publication of the Pennsylvania State Univer- sity.
- FAIRY TALES by The Brothers Grimm
- FAIRY TALES by The Brothers Grimm. PREPARER'S NOTE. The text is based on translations from the Grimms'.
- Overview: The BCS' 22 Tall Tales
- The BCS' 22 Tall Tales. 1 of 28. Arent Fox LLP.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Flying Tales': Retired test pilot writes book about flying experiences (PHOTOS)
- To learn more about Van Pelt and his military career, go to www.flying-tales.com.
- Leicestershire's Paul Nixon believes in fairy tale at 40 after t20 win
- Photograph: Harry Engels/Getty Images All summer Sachin Tendulkar has been chasing the fairy tale of his 100th international hundred to no avail.
- Saving the Torah
- Dubbed "The Indiana Jones of Torah Scribes," Rabbi Menachem Youlus regaled congregations and the media with tales of adventures in Europe.
- KidVid: The Man Who Walked between the Towers…and more inspiring tales
- On August 30, 2011, Scholastic Storybook Classics releases The Man Who Walked between the Towers…and more inspiring tales, a DVD featuring four tales of self-confidence recommended for ages five through ten.
- Golden Temple tales chart course of Sikh history
- By Divya Talwar Going back more than two centuries, nearly 80 historical artefacts are on display in central London at the world's first major exhibition on the Golden Temple of Amritsar, north India.
Suggested Web Resources
- Tales of the World Radiant Mythology™
- Official site containing downloads, videos, forums, and links.
- Wacky Web Tales
- An online equivalent to Mad-Libs. More than four dozen tales to choose among.
- Tall Tales at Americanfolklore.net
- Join us for some really Tall Tales.
- Tales of the Cocktail® :: New Orleans :: July 20-24, 2011
- The shakers have stopped shaking. The stirrers stopped stirring.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesunity of command
dream dictionary nymph
arkansas famous arkansans
abraham de moivre