A selection of articles related to tamil saints.
Original articles from our library related to the Tamil Saints. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tamil Saints.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- King James Bible: Colossians, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother, 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:3 We give...
New Testament >> Colossians
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women,...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Ephesians, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father...
New Testament >> Ephesians
Tamil Saints is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tamil Saints books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Photo Essay: A temple for a formless God- Avudaiyarkovil in Tamil Nadu
- About 40km from the famous Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu, is a little known temple dedicated to a formless God, built by Manikkavasakar, an iconic 9th century Tamil poet and saint.
- 'I strip them naked, expose their lies'
- The opposition claims to be saints. The opposition claims to be godsent. The opposition claims to be fighting for a noble and virtuous cause.
- Sivaratri celebrated with dance
- Interestingly, they chose the “kirtans” and hymns composed by saints and swamijis in glory of Lord Jambukeswarar. For instance, the students of the Salangai Academy, gave a performance titled “Salangai Natyanjali”.
- Mired in Dravidian politics: Were Tamil Nadu's Isai Vellalars always socially
- One of the early references we get about Siva Brahmana women is from the story of Sundaramurthi Nayanar, one of the 63 Saiva saints of Tamil Nadu. His mother's name was Isaigyaniyar. Although Periya Puranam or other texts do not enlist her as a Siva ...
Tamil Saints Topics
Related searchesmusic of peru native peruvian music
cross-dressing in greek mythology
washington colleges and universities
irish sea u-boat alley