A selection of articles related to tammuz.
Original articles from our library related to the Tammuz. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tammuz.
- (Sumerian) Child of Duttur, Lord of shepherds and the flocks, and eternal adversary to Enkimdu. He is regarded as both divinity and royal ancestor in several Mesopotamian city-states, most notably Uruk, where he is listed as an earlier predescessor to the...
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
Tammuz is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tammuz books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Hero's Journey in Game of Thrones: Daenerys Targaryen
- Her journey into the flaming pyre to become the true Mother of Dragons echoes the Descent of Ishtar, the Babylonian Goddess who journeyed into the underworld to rescue her husband, Tammuz. Daenerys has now moved into the second phase of the ...
- Ishtar and Tammuz
- Yesterday, I told the story of Ishtar and Tammuz as our Wisdom Story. You've probably heard of the Ishtar Gate, currently in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, Germany, part of which is pictured below. Lions represent Ishtar in this depiction.
- Lenten services canceled at St. Paul in Thorp
- Quite appropriate is the pic for the article of the T/Tau/Cross/Sign of Tammuz since Lent IS the ancient 40 day weeping for Tammuz the son( called the resurrected Nimrod) of Easter/Ishtar/Astarte/Ashtoreth/Diana/Madonna who claimed to be impregnated by ...
- Refuting the atheist nonsense that Jesus was a copy of Mithra, Dionysus, Horus
- For instance, the tablet was once believed to describe the resurrection of Inanna's lover, Tammuz (also known as Dumuzi). Graves thus mistakenly lists Tammuz as one of his "Sixteen Crucified Saviors." Of course, Graves cannot be discredited for this ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
chinatown toronto agincourt
little ice age volcanic activity
boeing chairman of the board
939 bay fm playlist
bharata ramayana king of ayodhya