Tanuki Tanuki In Folklore
A selection of articles related to tanuki tanuki in folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Tanuki Tanuki In Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tanuki Tanuki In Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Tanuki Tanuki In Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tanuki Tanuki In Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Adorable Tanuki Raccoon Dogs the Internet Worships Have a Horrible History
- Since 7th century A.D., Tanuki have been cast in Japanese folklore as sneaky but benevolent rascals.
- A bushy-tailed journey inside Japan's famous fox village
- Visiting Zao Fox Village is more than just an opportunity to see some adorable foxes; it's also a chance to learn about the country's fascinating folklore. Much like the fabled tanuki, foxes play a major role in Japanese mythology.
- What the heck is a tanuki? 8 things you didn't know about raccoon dogs
- The subspecies of raccoon dog native to Japan is known as the tanuki. In addition to being a real animal, tanuki are also found throughout Japanese folklore as mystical, shape-shifting spirits called Bake-danuki.
- FEATURE: Monster Mondays - Tanuki
- Tanuki show up all over the place in anime and manga, as well as pop culture in general. Often they'll make cameo appearances, never to be seen again, or can be major characters like in Pom Poko.
- Pom Poko von Studio Ghibli erstmals auf Blu-ray
- Fantasievoll trägt der nach einer Idee von Hayao Miyazaki entstandene Anime jener illustren Darstellung des Marderhundes (Tanuki) Rechnung, die ihn in der japanischen Folklore als Yokai etablierte – ein mystisches Wesen mit gestaltwandlerischen ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.