A selection of articles related to tartarus.
Original articles from our library related to the Tartarus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tartarus.
- Nyx is Night, a powerful goddess whose dark light falls from the stars and who dictates not only to men but also to gods. Even Zeus does not wish to upset Night: It happened that Hera bribed Hypnos in order to make Zeus fall asleep, so that she could have it...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Tartarus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tartarus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Hell of Tartarus, Ancient Greek Prison of the Damned
- In Greek mythology, Tartarus is the name both of a deity and of a place. The deity by the name of Tartarus is a primordial being that existed before the Olympian gods, and their predecessors, the Titans.
- The wonders of Pluto revealed: NASA's latest findings are a sight to behold
- Scientific American Last July, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft flew by Pluto, the last unvisited world of the classical solar system.
- Pluto's Wonders Come into Focus
- An intricate series of sharp, steep ice ridges form the distinctive “bladed terrain” of a region called Tartarus Dorsa, northeast of Sputnik Planum. Credit: NASA/JHUAPL/SWRI. New Horizons has revealed Pluto's tenuous atmosphere of gaseous nitrogen and ...
- Pluto's 'Snakeskin' Terrain Could Predate Our Solar System's Birth [PHOTO]
- The snakeskin region, informally named the Tartarus Dorsa, is made up largely of methane and smaller amounts of water, meaning that the scaly peaks are likely composed of pure methane ice or methane clathrate ice - methane molecules "caged" inside of ...
- Screen Gems review: "Immortals"
- Having vanquished their foes, the gods imprison them underneath Mount Tartarus. However, the evil King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) goes in search of a bow forged by the gods which can free the Titans and bring forth another never-ending war across the ...
Related searcheshubble type
silicon graphics history
the leaves history
mesopotamian religion ethics
virender sehwag cricket career