- Taweret ( Taueret ) [Di] Egyptian goddess of childbirth who symbolized maternity and suckling. She is usually represented as a female hippopotamus.
- THE FITZWILLIAM MUSEUM
- In contrast, the female hippo was associated with the goddess Taweret, who was shown as a pregnant hippo, often wearing an elaborate wig.
- Evidence of a master copy transferred from Thebes to the Memphite
- which clearly show the name of the owner Taweret (Fig. 4).
- Terra Nova - Episode 3: Needs More Dinosaurs
- idea ditched in favour of big dinosaurs with spikes on and hopefully a few more mysterious discoveries - ideally a polar bear, a smoke monster, some kind of inexplicable hatch and, hey! Why not? A statue of the Egyptian goddess of fertility, Taweret.
- Statue of Taweret - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia
- Apr 20, 2009 A giant statue of the Egyptian goddess Taweret stood in its entirety on the shore of the Island. Jac.
- Egypt: Taweret, Goddess Demoness of Birth, Rebirth and the
- Egypt: Taweret, Goddess Demoness of Birth, Rebirth and the Northern Sky.
- British Museum - Breccia statue of the goddess Taweret
- Taweret was a fierce goddess who protected the mother and child during childbirth.
Taweret is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Taweret books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshydrogen peroxide therapeutic use
albert speer early years