- Touching Your Soul: Responsible Brands, the Survival of our Species and the
- In his powerful book, TechGnosis, Erik Davis tells us archetypes have been “trademarked, licensed, and sold,” and that a “baroque arcana of logos, brand names, and corporate sigils now pepper landscapes, goods, and our costumed bodies … [and] our ...
- Why it is wrong to call Siri a bitch
- She calls this concept of the computer-as-god "techgnosis", which is an excellent word even though it does sound like a Pink Floyd album. It suggests something of the creeping ambivalence we feel towards Siri and her ilk, and has something in common, ...
- Hard to Be a God: 'Steve Jobs' Thinks Different About Steve Jobs
- Steve Jobs is dead, to begin with — there is no doubt whatsoever about that. Maybe this was what emboldened screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and director Danny Boyle to take the liberties they do in Steve Jobs, and maybe it wasn't.
- Guest Opinion: Metro's Proposal on Bike-share Heads in the Wrong Direction
- Bike Share Tech Gnostic. To the authors: While your case for an integrated system is persuasive it seems to overlook that there must have been valid reasons behind Metro's decision not to move forward with the companies you reference. Some reasons that ...
- Don't Underestimate Virtual Reality
- Big Think is once again proud to partner with fellow big thinkers Singularity University to share the news about their 2015 Exponential Finance conference, happening June 2nd and 3rd in New York City.
Techgnosis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Techgnosis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.