A selection of articles related to tethys sea.
Original articles from our library related to the Tethys Sea. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tethys Sea.
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea. 14:3 For Pharaoh will say of...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- (disposer) One of the Titans, child of Uranus and Gaea (Heaven and Earth). She is the consort of Okeanos, and by him mother of the Nymphs. Also called Thetis. Thalia I (festivity) One of the nine Muses. Her realm was that of Comedy. The Muses are daughters...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. 6:2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased. 6:3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there...
New Testament >> John
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 34
- Chapter 34 34:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 34:2 Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land of Canaan; (this is the land that shall fall unto you for an inheritance, even the land of Canaan with the coasts thereof:...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Tethys Sea is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tethys Sea books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- It's not 'doom and gloom' to point out what's really happening to coral reefs
- At first, you might question our hypothesis and projections – these changes seem to be small changes in sea temperature. Yet we know these small variations can have huge implications.
- Petroleum Geo-Services' (PGSVY) CEO Jon Erik Reinhardsen on Q4 2015 Results
- Welcome to this presentation of PGS Q4 and Preliminary Full Year 2015 Results. My name is Bård Stenberg, Vice President of IR and Corporate Communications in PGS. Today's presentation is being webcasted and we are also having a conference call in ...
- Ancient sea bed becomes home to fossil museum
- The 200-square-kilometre UNESCO World Heritage site was the sea bed of the central Tethys Sea, a body of water that existed some 200 million years ago, its coastline extending from Alexandria down to Luxor.
- Pictures reveal the remains of whales in in Wadi al-Hitan desert that was once sea
- The Valley of the Whales in Egypt is home to some of the most remarkable paleontological sites on Earth due to its unusual history. Around 50 million years ago the area was at the bottom of an ocean called the Tethys Sea, which occupied the space in ...
- Archaeologists discover Machimosaurus rex crocodile that grew to 30 ft long
- Machimosaurus belongs to a group of large crocodiles that lived in the seas and coastal regions about 150 million years ago, in the late Jurassic period. Scientists believe M. rex had a powerful bite and short, stocky teeth.
Tethys Sea Topics
Related searchescofinite topology
phoenicia phoenician trade
coordinate covalent bond