- A temple and its builder
- The age of the Thiruvetteeswarar Temple in Triplicane is a mystery. A passing reference to a Vedicchuram in Appar's Tevaram has been cited to show that the shrine was in existence even in the 7th century.
- Heralded in three octaves
- He began with the Tamizh Tevaram hymn, 'Vananai Madhi Soodiya Mainthanai' in lilting Keeravani. 'Vinaradhana Manavi' the Devagandhari kriti of Tyagaraja followed, at madhyamakaala speed. The speciality of Abishek's voice is that it traverses all three ...
- USP of the Shiva Temple at Koovam
- Koovam, originally called Thiruvirkolam, a small village in Tiruvallur district is home to a very ancient Shiva temple, known as the Tripurantaka Swami temple.
- A journey through murals in south India
- "At the Atmanathaswamy temple in Tirupperunturai, for instance, murals transpose the 275 sites sacred to Siva praised and systematically ordered in the Tevaram (hymns sung by Shaivite saints), onto the ceiling of the temple.
Tevaram is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tevaram books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesclosed eye hallucinations
french intervention in mexico