A selection of articles related to thane lakes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thane Lakes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thane Lakes.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Nun was the god who personified the primeval waters, the chaos which existed before there was shape and form, the dark liquid mass out of which there appeared the creator-god. Nun is regarded as having no surface, stretching into infinity. Not subject to...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Morrighan (the), Morrigan, Morrigu
- ("Great Queen", "Specter Queen", "Supreme War Goddess" or "Queen of Phantoms or Demons") Irish/Celtic. The Dark aspect of the Celtic Triple Goddess. Crone aspect of the Goddess. Great Mother. Moon Goddess. Great White...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
Thane Lakes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thane Lakes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Taps run dry in Diva, locals face 60-hr cut
- THANE: Summers are yet to begin, but water woes have aleady started to haunt people. Areas of Diva are facing 60-hour water cuts, ... Young women, senior citizens and kids queue up at small lakes from 4:30am onwards to use water.
- This paradise is almost lost
- Deeper into the forest, crocodiles basked at Tulsi Lake.Even today, the bloom ...
- State govt puts up Rs 5cr to revive two Thane lakes
- In a bid to revive two major lakes in Thane and restore its erstwhile tag as the 'City of Lakes', the state environment ministry has sanctioned nearly Rs 5 crore.
- Classic rocker Dan Shafer set for two shows at the Outback Pub
- The band includes “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” guitarist Paul Warren, Tesla drummer Troy Luccketa, guitarist and vocalist Thane Shearon, Neville Brothers' bassist Abe White and Cake keyboardist Michael Whitaker. He's also written songs with Kim Trible, ...
- Now, Thane too can boast of its own Suma Shirur
- The city of lakes can soon boast of its own shooting champion as it's set to start its own 16-lane shooting range by May end. This shooting range is of international standards and is being set-up at Dadoji Kondev stadium.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.