A selection of articles related to thane lakes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thane Lakes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thane Lakes.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Nun was the god who personified the primeval waters, the chaos which existed before there was shape and form, the dark liquid mass out of which there appeared the creator-god. Nun is regarded as having no surface, stretching into infinity. Not subject to...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Vodyanoi, The
- Any of a class of animistic nature-spirits, beings associated with and having control over water: springs, pools, lakes, rivers, etc....
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 3
- One of the very best ways to raise personal or group consciousness, is to MANIFEST spiritual Intentions into the environment at large. The projection of love into one’s surroundings for instance, results in love being reflected back to the sender, like...
Mind >> World Mind
- Howling at the Moon!
- Lunacy, says it all. We all know that the time of the full moon feels strange. Legend has it that the full moon brings out the worst in people: more violence, suicides, accidents, and aggression. The influence of the moon and behavior has been called "The...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Thane Lakes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thane Lakes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pollution of Water Bodies_1
- the enteric disease. The report published in the year 2002 indicates and states that the pollution in lakes.
- Shallow Lakes in Urban Areas: Ecological Restoration of Lakes in
- Thane city historically known for the existence of the several shallow lakes is one of the most industrially advanced districts of the state of Maharashtra today.
- (WorldWetland Day) Enviro-Vigil,Thane
- (Bioremediation of Thane Lakes). Lecture-3. 2.
- Lakes in Thane
- Lakes in Thane. Thane, located about 35-km from downtown Mumbai, is known as the City of Lakes.
- Cluster Analysis of Hydrographical Parameters in The Two Lakes of
- Thane lakes in Maharashtra was reported by. Raut et al. (2006).
Suggested News Resources
- Thane lakes high on metal content: Study
- A study by the chemistry department of Bhavan's College, Andheri, has revealed levels of worrisome metals and compounds in the water of six Thane lakes.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thane travel guide - Wikitravel
- Also Mumbai is heavily depend on Thane for water supply from Lakes. Thane for all practical purposes is a suburb of Mumbai is past and has passed.
- Thane lakes high on metal content: Study - The Times of India
- Aug 10, 2011 The serene lakes of Thane may just be hiding a grim picture: high concentrations of heavy metals.
- Lakes in Thane City, Thane Lakes, Upvan Lake Thane, Talao Pali
- Thane is known as the Lake City.The major attraction includes Upvan Lake and Talao Pali lake .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.