A selection of articles related to thane lakes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thane Lakes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thane Lakes.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Nun was the god who personified the primeval waters, the chaos which existed before there was shape and form, the dark liquid mass out of which there appeared the creator-god. Nun is regarded as having no surface, stretching into infinity. Not subject to...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Morrighan (the), Morrigan, Morrigu
- ("Great Queen", "Specter Queen", "Supreme War Goddess" or "Queen of Phantoms or Demons") Irish/Celtic. The Dark aspect of the Celtic Triple Goddess. Crone aspect of the Goddess. Great Mother. Moon Goddess. Great White...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Everyday Air
- We breathe it in every day. It surrounds us, fills us, yet often we don't even notice it: Air. Of all the elements, Air is perhaps the most illusive. It can be the most difficult to describe, but can also be one of the most vibrant. Air brings us the light...
The Elements >> Air
Thane Lakes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thane Lakes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pollution of Water Bodies_1
- the enteric disease. The report published in the year 2002 indicates and states that the pollution in lakes.
- Shallow Lakes in Urban Areas: Ecological Restoration of Lakes in
- Thane city historically known for the existence of the several shallow lakes is one of the most industrially advanced districts of the state of Maharashtra today.
- (WorldWetland Day) Enviro-Vigil,Thane
- (Bioremediation of Thane Lakes). Lecture-3. 2.
- Lakes in Thane
- Lakes in Thane. Thane, located about 35-km from downtown Mumbai, is known as the City of Lakes.
- Cluster Analysis of Hydrographical Parameters in The Two Lakes of
- Thane lakes in Maharashtra was reported by. Raut et al. (2006).
Suggested News Resources
- Thane lakes high on metal content: Study
- A study by the chemistry department of Bhavan's College, Andheri, has revealed levels of worrisome metals and compounds in the water of six Thane lakes.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thane travel guide - Wikitravel
- Also Mumbai is heavily depend on Thane for water supply from Lakes. Thane for all practical purposes is a suburb of Mumbai is past and has passed.
- Thane lakes high on metal content: Study - The Times of India
- Aug 10, 2011 The serene lakes of Thane may just be hiding a grim picture: high concentrations of heavy metals.
- Lakes in Thane City, Thane Lakes, Upvan Lake Thane, Talao Pali
- Thane is known as the Lake City.The major attraction includes Upvan Lake and Talao Pali lake .
Thane Lakes Topics
Related searchesbrave new world the world state
dream dictionary confidence
shock types of shock
legends of the hidden temple trivia
the office comparison of two versions