The Giver Themes
A selection of articles related to the giver themes.
Original articles from our library related to the The Giver Themes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Giver Themes.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Giver Themes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Giver Themes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lois Lowry Discusses William Golding's 'Lord of the Flies'
- You tackle a lot of heavy subject material in your novels for young readers—dystopian themes in “The Giver,” Nazi occupation in “Number the Stars”—how do you present those topics in a way that children can understand?
- An Interview with The Bookworm's Literary Festival Coordinator Anthony Tao
- At elementary school I loved Maniac Magee, Lois Lowry's The Giver and Number the Stars, A Wrinkle In Time ... They're just beautiful ... A Wrinkle In Time is an eerie book, dealing with themes of nostalgia and loss without being obvious about it.
- Top 8 Dystopian Films
- Dystopian films have long been a hallmark of science fiction but have picked up in popularity for young adult adaptations like Divergent, The Hunger Games and several less successful entries (see: The Fifth Wave, The Giver and many more).
- A 'Scandalous Club' for the 21st Century: The Messy Ethics of the Modern
- Though some threads looked, to my eyes, fake—trolls stuck to particular themes, like incest—most were about disarmingly small, everyday topics, such as childhood sweethearts growing apart or spats over wedding budgets.
- Seat of power: A boost for the study of giving in Africa
- The chair will be designed around four themes: teaching, research, outreach and measurement. The announcement notes that the chair would “bring the African story into the mainstream regarding the practice of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.