The Long Walk
A selection of articles related to the long walk.
Original articles from our library related to the The Long Walk. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Long Walk.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Long Walk is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Long Walk books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Long Walk to School - CGD
- The Long Walk to School: International education goals in historical perspective. By Michael A. Clemens.
- The Long Walk From the Gobi Desert to the River Styx
- There's a book, The Long Walk by. Ronald Downing, about trying to find the yeti, the legendary Abominable. Snowman of Tibet.
- The long walk
- The long walk. Near Phuoc Vinh, South Vietnam — 1967. A Vietnamese mother carries her baby along the edge of a bombed-out rice field.
- Lesson: The Long Walk to the Pharmacy: Purchasing Plan B
- 2) Describe the experience of a teen who purchased Plan B at a pharmacy after reading the Sex, Etc.
Suggested News Resources
- a role model? You cannot be serious!
- Source: Getty Images IT'S almost time for the old guy to take the long walk. He hoists his Dunlop bag over his shoulder with a groan and heads down a dark stairway.
- Long Before 'The Help' There Was 'The Long Walk Home'
- I'm referring to The Long Walk Home directed by Richard Pearce and starring Whoopi Goldberg and Sissy Spacek. It's pretty much totally forgotten today, not surprisingly, since the film was mainly overlooked when it first came out.
- The Long Walk Back
- As we mentioned last week, one of our writers, Tyson Lynn, participated in The Long Walk, a curated hike through King County. His pictures and thoughts on the project are below.
- The Long Walk of Blues & Bluster
- Blues & Bluster returns after a week off with tales of a journey undertaken in nearby locales, reached in an old-fashioned stride. Yes, that's right, we missed last week's show because we were walking.
- Energetic Kenny needs a loving forever home
- The long walk on the top of the Hartwell Dam is a favorite. He quickly learned to sit on command for treats or a pat on the head and completed a two week boarding-training program on March 3.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Long Walk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Long Walk is a novel by Stephen King published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman in 1979 as a paperback original.