A selection of articles related to the lusiads.
Original articles from our library related to the The Lusiads. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Lusiads.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Lusiads is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Lusiads books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Conquerors: How Portugal Forged the First Global Empire'
- At its height it was glorified by Luis Vaz de Camoes, the soldier poet who penned the Lusiads, the Portuguese national epic. “Had there been more of the world,” he wrote, he and his fellow Portuguese “would have discovered it.
- Book: 'The Lusiads' by Luiz de Camões - Editor's Note
- First published in 1572, The Lusiads is one of the greatest epic poems of the Renaissance, immortalizing Portugal's voyages of discovery with an unrivalled freshness of observation. At the centre of The Lusiads is Vasco da Gama's pioneer voyage via ...
- Hugh Jackman in Early Talks to Star in 'The Odyssey' for Francis Lawrence
- Heck, there's even a built-in prequel trilogy if Lionsgate also wants to tackle Homer's “Iliad” which covers the Trojan War and the siege of Troy.
- Book: 'Conquerors: How Portugal Forged the First Global Empire' - Editor's Note
- In Empires of the Sea and City of Fortune, New York Times bestselling author Roger Crowley established himself as our generation's preeminent historian of the great European seafaring empires, and the go-to author for post-Crusade clashes of East and ...
The Lusiads Topics
Related searchesmelbourne cup past winners
girls aloud formation
pardon pardons and clemency in canada
unconscious mind controversy
the adventures of robin hood