The Melian Conference
A selection of articles related to the melian conference.
Original articles from our library related to the The Melian Conference. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Melian Conference.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Melian Conference is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Melian Conference books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Book V, Chapter XVII
- Sixteenth Year of the War—The Melian Conference—Fate of Melos.
- Historical Lessons in the Melian Episode
- Thucydides calls attention to the Melian episode (5.84–116) by its unique form: ..
- Wye Deans' Seminar
- Plato, The Republic, Book VII, selection. Thucyclides, The Peloponnesirin War', " The Melian Conference”.
- Ethics Reader
- Thucydides. From History of the Peloponnesian War. (The Melian Debate).
- GREAT BOOKS SEMINAR
- 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.
Suggested News Resources
- US Foreign Policy and the Iran-Iraq War
- The Reagan Administration's demented interpretation of self-defense to include retaliation is a throwback to the Athenian position taken at the Melian Conference in Book 5 of Thucydides' The Peloponnesian War: The strong do what they will, and the weak ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Thucydides, The Melian Dialogue
- Sixteenth Year of the War - The Melian Conference - Fate of Melos.
- The Melian Dialog - The History of the Peloponnesian War by
- Translated by Richard Crawley The Fifth Book - Chapter XVII Sixteenth Year of the War - The Melian Conference - Fate of Melos.
- History of the Peloponnesian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Some events depicted in the History, such as the Melian dialogue, describe . the History on his voyage across the Atlantic to the Versailles Peace Conference.