The Name Of The Rose
A selection of articles related to the name of the rose.
Original articles from our library related to the The Name Of The Rose. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Name Of The Rose.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Name Of The Rose is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Name Of The Rose books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Metanarratives in Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose
- The Name of The Rose. Doug Merrell. History.
- Scott Andrew Urban
- THE NAME OF THE ROSE: CLASSIFYING 1930S What's in a name? that which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet;.
- 'Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda terminus' 'The name of the
- 'The name of the rose is given by God, our roses are roses without names'.
Suggested News Resources
- Graphic-novel review: Much to love about new Black Widow book
- By DAN BROWN, THE LONDON FREE PRESS If you're looking for an alternative to the usual superhero fare, Black Widow: The Name of the Rose is the book for you.
- Book boffins
- Eco is best known as the author of The Name of the Rose and Carrier is a playwright and screenwriter, who has worked with Michael Haneke, Jean-Luc Godard and Luis Bunuel, among others.
- Dear Book Lover: Bringing the Renaissance to Life
- "The Canterbury Tales," "A Journal of the Plague Year" and "The Name of the Rose" read concurrent with nonfiction recounts of the Dark and Middle Ages, eg, "A World Lit Only by Fire," can make distant and gloomy history pop.
- Robert Kulzer: Constantin's Hollywood connection
- 'The Name of the Rose' and 'The House of Spirits' were beautifully mounted movies tailored for European audiences. Then we went to 'Resident Evil.' You know a large part of the audience will say, 'It's not my kind of movie, I don't play videogames.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Name of the Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Name of the Rose is the first novel by Italian author Umberto Eco.
- The Name of the Rose (1986) - IMDb
- Directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. With Sean Connery, Christian Slater, Helmut Qualtinger, Elya Baskin.
- Amazon.com: The Name of the Rose: including the Author's
- Eco, an Italian philosopher and best-selling novelist, is a great polymathic fabulist in the tradition of Swift, Voltaire, Joyce, and Borges.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.