The Sacred Thread Ceremony
A selection of articles related to the sacred thread ceremony.
Original articles from our library related to the The Sacred Thread Ceremony. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Sacred Thread Ceremony.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
The Sacred Thread Ceremony is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Sacred Thread Ceremony books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Invoking the Sun
- Follow the Hindu Sun', a well-illustrated two-volume set on one of the most important ceremonies — upanayanam and the significance of the sacred thread has been authored by Soumya Aravind Sitaraman. Priced at Rs. 1,500, the volumes explain the ...
- Hanging up sacred thread: Yechury on combining class and caste struggle
- When I was 11, I went to my father's ancestral place to learn the Vedic rituals and slokas for the thread ceremony. It was a Brahminical indoctrination ceremony.
- The everlasting flame
- The most sacred of these are the Victorious fires, or Atash Behram created using sixteen sources of fire including lightening, furnaces, hearths and cremation fires, involving 32 priests, with ceremonies that stretch to nearly a year.
- Avogel tribe keeps culture strong, despite repercussions of racism
- Attendees first drafted patterns, then learned to thread a loom and bring their designs to life. The Avogel tribe ... The tribe also continues to hold important ceremonies such as the sacred pipe ceremony, burial ceremonies and adoption ceremonies.
The Sacred Thread Ceremony Topics
Related searchescirrus sr20 performance
dream meaning dictionary teacher
the howling sequels
chinese translation theory source