The Sacred Thread Ceremony
A selection of articles related to the sacred thread ceremony.
Original articles from our library related to the The Sacred Thread Ceremony. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Sacred Thread Ceremony.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
The Sacred Thread Ceremony is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Sacred Thread Ceremony books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Birth and childhood customs
- Some traditions have adopted the ceremony for females, though they don't usually receive the sacred thread.
- Varnashrama Dharma Prakaranam .............................................................
- No ritual should be performed without Yagnopavita (sacred thread). 8. Normally all actions should be performed sitting down.
Suggested News Resources
- Thread-bare rituals
- Many years ago, this writer had once reached an age when it was decided by well-meaning parents that the time had come for the sacred thread ceremony.
Suggested Web Resources
- Heart of Hinduism: Initiation: The Sacred Thread Ceremony
- Initiation: The Sacred Thread Ceremony. A recent upanayana ceremony in the UK.
- Visi Tilak on the Sacred Thread ceremony, Hinduism, a Hindu Bar
- When does a Hindu boy become a man? Like a bar mitzvah, a ceremony happens--with father passing on a secret mantra to his son.
- The Sacred Thread - Hinduism - The Scientific Religion - Blogspot
- Oct 18, 2008 The Upanayanam ceremony takes place when the boy is around 7-8 years old.
- Hindu Sacred Thread Ceremony
- Hindu Coming of Age The Sacred Thread Ceremony or “Upanayana”.
The Sacred Thread Ceremony Topics
Related searchesemotional dictionary
prince albert saskatchewan history
jotun giants in scandinavian folklore
pro-feminism core beliefs