The Sky At Night
A selection of articles related to the sky at night.
Original articles from our library related to the The Sky At Night. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Sky At Night.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Sky At Night is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Sky At Night books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- high-power eyepieces
- 90 BBC Sky at Night June 2007. June 2007 BBC Sky at Night 91. Group test HiGH-power eyepieces under £270.
- The Night Sky
- 154 The Night Sky. Overview. Content and.
- Sky at Night newsletter - BBC
- sight in late May, low in the eastern dawn sky as it moves into Aries. Magnitude - 2.1 to -2.
- Laboratory 4 - Observing the Planets in the Night Sky
- Objectives: To investigate the night sky as it will appear this evening and to predict when conditions will be favorable for viewing planets in the future.
- The Digital Blue
- Aug 21, 2005 Rayleigh-scattered moonlight creates a blue sky at night, but our eyes are not sensitive enough to perceive the color.
Suggested News Resources
- The sky at night: Highlights from this year's Astronomy Photographer Competition
- The 2011 Astronomy Photographer of the year competition has received more spectacular pictures than ever before.
- Fears over more BBC cuts in the West Midlands
- Sources said the latest round of cost-cutting could see the factual production department, which makes flagship programmes such as Gardeners' World and The Sky At Night, close.
- Night skies lit by giant Makkah Clock
- (SUPPLIED) Muslims going on pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia will have the chance to see the world's largest clock tower that lightens up the sky at night by emitting 16 massive light beams to a distance of nearly 10 km above Makkah.
- BBC presenter Paul Able on way for Astronomy Ireland's Star-bq
- Abel, presenter of the BBC's The Sky at Night, will give the headline talk, entitled 'Black Holes and How They Work', at what is billed to be the biggest and best star party in the country.
- Open the door on a life less ordinary
- Superheroes wear masks or cowls and swoop down from the sky at night like bats. Except one superhero who wears a neat suit, a smart tie and a bowler hat. A superhero called Mr Benn.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Sky at Night - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Sky at Night is a monthly documentary television programme on astronomy produced by the BBC.
- BBC - Science & Nature - Space - The Sky at Night
- Information about The Sky at Night TV series. Watch the latest programmes online. Or find out more about Sir Patrick Moore, the show's presenter.
- The Night Sky This Month
- Monthly information about the night sky, including specific planetary locations and details on the most important asteroids, comets, and meteor showers.
- Amazing Space: Tonight's Sky
- Your guide to constellations, deep sky objects, planets, and events.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.