The Spiral Galaxy
A selection of articles related to the spiral galaxy.
Original articles from our library related to the The Spiral Galaxy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Spiral Galaxy.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Spiral Galaxy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Spiral Galaxy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Center of Galaxy M51 — The Whirlpool Galaxy
- darlings of astronomy. Its beautiful face-on view and its closeness to Earth allow astronomers to study the structure and star-forming processes of spiral galaxies.
- The Spiral Galaxy Messier 81
- Center of Galaxy M51: The Whirlpool Galaxy
- simply called M51 a “spiral nebula,” not realizing that the glowing spiral-shaped object was a faraway galaxy brimming with innumerable stars.
- X-ray sources in the starburst spiral galaxy M 83
- A&A 384, 99–111 (2002). DOI: 10.1051/0004-6361:20020026 c ESO 2002.
Suggested News Resources
- Brand-New Supernova Spotted Within Hours, Will Be the Most-Studied Star
- It showed up in the spiral galaxy M101, the Pinwheel Galaxy, a rather large spiral (10 times the size of the Milky Way) located in the constellation Ursa Major, known to its friends as the Big Dipper.
- Public can view newly discovered supernova tonight at MSUM Science Center
- Telescopes around the world are studying the supernova, a star that exploded in the spiral galaxy M101.
- Astrophysicists Produce First Realistic Simulation of Milky Way's Formation
- The left half of the image is a still taken from the galaxy-formation simulation, with gas labeled in red and stars in blue; the right half is a false-color picture of the spiral galaxy M74, with the same gas and star labeling.
- What a cute, fluffy galaxy!
- The spiral galaxy NGC 3521 spans 50000 light-years and holds billions upon billions of blazing stars. Like most spiral galaxies, it's thought to contain a supermassive black hole at its center. It's a swirling maw of raw cosmic power.
- NASA opens new office for deep space missions
- Science editor Alan Boyle's Weblog: The spiral galaxy NGC 3521 is a swirling maw of raw power, measuring 50000 light-years across. So why on earth do astronomers call it "fluffy"?
Suggested Web Resources
- Spiral galaxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An example of a spiral galaxy, the Pinwheel Galaxy (also known as Messier 101 or NGC 5457).
- Spiral Galaxies
- The most common type of galaxy is called a "spiral galaxy.
- Spiral Galaxy
- May 1, 2009 When you think of a galaxy, you're probably thinking of a spiral galaxy.
- spiral galaxies - Center for Astrophysics & Space Sciences
- Mar 6, 2000 Spiral galaxies are subdivided among three classes Sa, Sb, Sc, with a parallel sequence for Barred Spirals SBa, SBb, SBc .
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
The Spiral Galaxy Topics
Related searchesbeing there famous quotes
sierra nevada brewing company
phantasy star series rykrosryucross
dream interpretation lake
meaning of dreams about climbing