The Wasp Factory
A selection of articles related to the wasp factory.
Original articles from our library related to the The Wasp Factory. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on The Wasp Factory.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
The Wasp Factory is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, The Wasp Factory books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE WASP FACTORY Iain Banks Abacus, 1987. ISBN 0349102145
- Feb 4, 2003 8 The Wasp Factory. 9 What Happened to Eric. 10 Running Dog.
- “Portal to the Fantastic”
- The Wasp Factory is a bizarre, unsettling, and highly original gothic novel that has at its literary debut with the controversial novel The Wasp Factory (1984).
- Dr. F. Zeynep Bilge Istanbul University, Turkey Draft, August 2010
- Istanbul University, Turkey. Draft, August 2010. “The Wasp Factory: a story of monsters and victims”.
- by Raymond Chandler; Curtis Brown Ltd for extracts from The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks; from Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, published by Hutchinson.
- In Their Own Words: British Novelists
- his heroes Norman Mailer and Saul Bellow, and. Iain Banks (The Wasp Factory) talks about writing in a post-modern world in which all the rules have changed.
Suggested News Resources
- ED2011 Theatre Review: Viewless (Cumbernauld Theatre Company)
- Illuminating the Hill Street Theatre with this topic is the well-versed Cumbernauld Theatre Company, known largely for their adaptation of Iain Banks's 'The Wasp Factory'.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Wasp Factory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Wasp Factory was the first novel by Scottish writer Iain Banks. It was published in 1984. Contents.
- Amazon.com: The WASP FACTORY: A NOVEL (9780684853154
- "I had been making the rounds of the Sacrifice Poles the day we heard my brother had escaped.
- The Wasp Factory: explanation | Books | The Guardian
- Jun 28, 2008 John Mullan on the use of explanation as a device in Iain Banks's The Wasp Factory.
- The Wasp Factory by Iain M. Banks - Reviews, Discussion
- The Wasp Factory has 5921 ratings and 672 reviews. mark said: a gentle coming -of-age tale set in rustic scotland, depicting the charming misadventures of a...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.