- It'll be once in four years but sweeter
- KUALA LUMPUR: The brides who signed their marriage certificates at Thean Hou Temple here yesterday were not worried that they would only have their anniversaries once every four years. For 30-year-old Sheen Lock, a company executive, it means that ...
- Celebrating batik art
- Datuk Chua Thean Teng (1912-2008), regarded as the Father of Malaysian batik, is a name to light up any batik exhibition. His Satay Seller (batik, 1970) is part of Ilham Gallery's exhibition Love Me In My Batik: Modern Batik Art From Malaysia And Beyond.
- DIBS to make comeback?
- PETALING JAYA: The Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) is in discussion with the Government to bring back the developers interest bearing scheme (DIBS) in a certain form for first-time house buyers of a certain price, Datuk Soam ...
- Man jailed 7 months for punching and kicking another man, causing serious injuries
- Wong, Chiang and Gan then assaulted Thean for about a minute, while Tay prevented an unknown man from stopping the attack. The assault was captured on closed-circuit television. The four friends then walked away, leaving Thean on the ground.
- From restoring heritage homes, hotelier to promote George Town cultures next
- A total 12 people, including talents like batik artist the late Datuk Chuah Thean Teng and Thai Menora dancer Noo Wan@Wan Dee Aroonratana, have been named as the living heritage treasures of Penang between 2004 and 2015. Since then, however, four ...
Thean is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thean books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.