Theravada Temporary Ordination
A selection of articles related to theravada temporary ordination.
Original articles from our library related to the Theravada Temporary Ordination. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Theravada Temporary Ordination.
- Evil Hypnosis
- "Evil" hypnosis is what I call the popular view of hypnosis as something that is used by devious agencies or individuals to control people's minds surreptitiously. Mind control or behavior control are possible with hypnosis only temporarily, and...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Subliminal Persuasion: Overview
- Since the 1950's, there has been enormous public concern over hidden messages in art, music, and advertising. Subliminal self-help tapes are a multi-billion dollar industry. Yet many psychologists claim that subliminal influence consists at best of...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- Grounding and Shielding
- With grounding or centering we mean being firmly present in your body and cleaning it from lower frequencies, so that the 'holy spirit can descend into matter' or, put in a different way, you can easily make contact with your intuition and unconsciousness...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Crystallization of Truth
- There exists One Indivisible Truth , around which all other concepts and systems revolve. Around this central Sun of Reality, every philosophy, religion and social ideal orbits without fail. The search for this essential essence has been a primary focus...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Theravada Temporary Ordination is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Theravada Temporary Ordination books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- North Mountain Brings Zen Buddhism, Meditation To North Beach
- You don't need to visit a temple in Japan to experience authentic Zen Buddhism—in fact, you don't have to leave North Beach.
- Why Are Myanmar Nuns Not Granted the Same Respect as Monks?
- Born of Buddhist parents and raised in a Buddhist environment, I grew up as a typical Myanmar Buddhist girl. Under the care of my grandmother, it was hammered into my brain that we should worship and pay the utmost respect to Buddhist monks in all ...
- A 1500-Year-Old Monastery Teaches Buddhism to Chinese Millennials with Stop
- Although monasticism remains in general decline in much of Asia (a theme explored in the animation above), in recent years increasing numbers of Chinese have taken temporary ordination, Nanfang Daily reported in 2012. Pejoratively dubbed "chicken soup ...
- The Taste of Liberation: The Jhanas
- However, the jhanas are not that total freedom; they are temporary states that eventually end, and when they do, your normal world and the way you relate to it creeps back in.
- Icelandic Paganism — Good or Bad Sign?
- I think of a large globe of water (freed of gravity, of course) from which a drop was temporarily separated so that the Word could become Flesh, and having served its purpose, returned to the whole. I don't really relate to such ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.