Theravada Temporary Ordination
A selection of articles related to theravada temporary ordination.
Original articles from our library related to the Theravada Temporary Ordination. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Theravada Temporary Ordination.
- Evil Hypnosis
- "Evil" hypnosis is what I call the popular view of hypnosis as something that is used by devious agencies or individuals to control people's minds surreptitiously. Mind control or behavior control are possible with hypnosis only temporarily, and...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Subliminal Persuasion: Overview
- Since the 1950's, there has been enormous public concern over hidden messages in art, music, and advertising. Subliminal self-help tapes are a multi-billion dollar industry. Yet many psychologists claim that subliminal influence consists at best of...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- No Pagan Parents Allowed (A "Paganalia" Exclusive Report)
- You be the judge: A Pagan woman who works as a Chapter 13 bankruptcy assistant for a law firm wants to regain custody of her 9-year-old son. Her ex-husband is in jail on a $700,000 bond for solicitation of capital murder of his second ex-wife. Seems like a no-...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- Grounding and Shielding
- With grounding or centering we mean being firmly present in your body and cleaning it from lower frequencies, so that the 'holy spirit can descend into matter' or, put in a different way, you can easily make contact with your intuition and unconsciousness...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Theravada Temporary Ordination is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Theravada Temporary Ordination books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Temporary Ordination in Sri Lanka
- Temporary Ordination in Sri Lanka. In' Richard Gombrich.
- The Transformation of the Monastic Ordination (pravrajyd)
- the temporary ordination in Southeast Asian Theravada countries. The temporary ordination.
- PALI TIPITAKA CHANTING : ORAL TRADITION OF THERAVADA
- In road to the Southeast Asian Theravada Buddhist Tradition. 207-243 .. In Sri Lanka, temporary ordination is not practiced, and a monk leaving the.
- THE BROKEN BUDDHA Critical Reflections on Theravada and a
- understand the very essence of Theravada but this dawned on me only gradually . As it did I ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Thailand theravada buddhism
- Temporary Ordination. In most Theravada countries, it is common practice for young men to ordain as monks for a fixed period of time.
- Abbey Life- Temporary Monastic Ordination
- Taking Monastic Ordination. People can be cynical about temporary ordination saying "they're just playing".
- Life in Gampo Abbey - Western Style
- We adopted the idea of temporary ordination from the Theravada tradition, and Thrangu Rinpoche gave his consent and began to give temporary vows.
Theravada Temporary Ordination Topics
Related searchesgiotto mission timeline
principal law duties